Twizzers....I know they're good, but why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
This questions has been sat in the Minx lovers group unanswered for about a week or so, so bringing it to the main nail forum in the hope for some activity.

Please can somebody who has gone from Stork scissors to Twizzers tell me what it is that has been improved?

I've read the Twizzers are great, but nobody then explains why and what it is that gives them the edge. I need to know if I should be able to continue with my storks and expect to improve my Minx application with more experience, or to buy Twizzers because they will make the job easier straight away!

(I'm referring to when you have to make the Minx smaller in width, or re do the eponychium line)

Thanks

I have twizzers had them about a year and they are fab wouldn't be without them you can cut the finest slice off the minx making it easier to get the perfect fit.
You won't regret buying them!!!

Where can you buy them? X :)

Sweetsquared sell them xx

I have twizzers had them about a year and they are fab wouldn't be without them you can cut the finest slice off the minx making it easier to get the perfect fit.
You won't regret buying them!!!

Thanks, but did you go from the Stork scissors, can you tell me the differences?

Thanks, but did you go from the Stork scissors, can you tell me the differences?
Twizzers have a much smaller and compact head than stork scissors, They are much easier to use when trying to cut round corners or get a nice neat edge as they are free from handles, you dont have to put your fingers through the handle and just the smallest amount of pressure will cut, they allow precise cutting and positioning. I would not be without mine now, even with silk or fibreglass wraps they are a total godsend!
Hths
Jen

Also, they work left handed or right! The ones with a curved blade is great; you can flip it upside down to get a really precise fit around the cuticle.

Twizzers have a much smaller and compact head than stork scissors, They are much easier to use when trying to cut round corners or get a nice neat edge as they are free from handles, you dont have to put your fingers through the handle and just the smallest amount of pressure will cut, they allow precise cutting and positioning. I would not be without mine now, even with silk or fibreglass wraps they are a total godsend!
Hths
Jen

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks Jen, it helps a lot.

I use craft tweezer scissors (like in the link below).

TWEEZER SCISSORS IDEAL FOR DECOUPAGE ~ STRAIGHT CUT | eBay

I started out using stork scissors and do find the tweezer scissors better.

You can pick them up and put them down easily without your fingers getting caught up in the handles & you can trim the tinyest bits off with ease.

I just find them so much easier than scissors. I wouldn't be without them.

Thanks for the link BB, I have been searching the net and there is a good selection out there. I never knew they existed until seeing the Twizzers on S2.

I will be buying some. :)

Just bought some on the strength of this thread to give them a try. Thanks all!

Thanks Baggybear that's a great link x

UPDATE!

I thought I would come back and update how I have got on.

I went to my local craft shop and spoke to the owner about my needs. She allowed me to demo all the different types of scissor/tweezers she had. Without knowing the prices, I chose what felt to be the best at intricate cutting and control etc.

These were Perga cutters from Pergamano. They are by far the most superior out of the lot that I tried. The cut is so precise and you can feel everything you are doing.

I have just used them on two Minx clients today and they made the job so much easier.

Do they sell the actual Minx scissors in UK?

Yes, they sell them at sweetsquared.

Latest posts

Back