underarm waxing! bumps on skin??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky n

Reaction score
Hey guys i got a question!!

I wax my underarms all the time and its great as it has made the hair so much finer but i have really annoying bumps under my arms all the time now! Is it ingrowing hairs? i do suffer from them quite badyly but they dont seem to be they are just bumps!!

Hope that makes sense any of your thoughts or advice would be great!

Thanks fellow geeks!! xx

hi nick.
it more than likely in grown hairs if you tend to suffer with them. after i wax my clients i apply cool down from Hive. this likes it says "cool down the skin" reduces redness and bumps. then if they are pron ot ingrown hair i recomend "soomth it" also by hive.
this is especaily for ingrown hairs. and it works great.
hope this helps x

This is a pain isn't it and you know what? There really is no telling who is going to get them, but thankfully most people don't.

Get an ice pack or a face cloth thats been soaked in really cold water and place it on the area that you've just waxed. Feels great too.

In short, as you pull the hair out, the follicle heats up and needs to be cooled down as the skin thinks its been injured..... It is just the way the skin reacts and tries to heal with white blood cells which look like spots.

So let your mantra be....WAX IT, THEN COOL IT. xxx

Hi hun, can i ask u chic these bumps, do they look kind of skin colour or are they red like spots chic, very difficult to say what the problem is otherwise hun.xxxxxxxjenny

Hi hun, can i ask u chic these bumps, do they look kind of skin colour or are they red like spots chic, very difficult to say what the problem is otherwise hun.xxxxxxxjenny

Hey hun

They look skin colour they dont look like ingrown hairs some do but thats only a few out of them all!! xx

Hi hun, when u wax, the hair is removed directly from the folicle, underarm hair is what is called axillary hair and is courser than the Vellouse hairs on your face. So when these hairs are waxed, removed straight from the root, the folicle is left open. Your bodys naturall reaction is to shut the pores to stop infection. Often if u overly touch the area after waxing bacteria and oils can get into the folicle causing slight infection to the area, but u tend to find them quite saw to touch, in your case i think what has happened is the follicle is still in shock but has closed over causing the skin coloured bump, but should subside after 24 hours of waxing. Make sure u are not applying deodarants within twelve hours at least hun of waxing because again this can have a similar effect. In regards to your red ones these are ingrown hairs and are caused from the hair breaking under the skin rather than coming out from the root and they tend to grow under the skin becoming really sore.
I sugest the next time u wax, to avoid touching the area or applying any deodarants and to use a milde exfoliant to release any trapped hairs. Jen on here mentioned a really good cream that is great for after being waxed and will help u so much.
Let me no how u get on hun, hope this has helped a little:hug:xxx

Jen on here mentioned a really good cream that is great for after being waxed and will help u so much.

PFB Vanish.. excellent for after any hair removal... be it waxing.. shaving, electrolysis, fab for both ladies and men and also good for mild acne. :hug:

A couple of links if you are interested are: PFBVanish

& PFB Vanish

hey gus thanx for your advice i never put anything on after i have waxed them and i exfoliate aswell its just a pain i cant win its like either have hairs or bumpy skin!! drives me mad!! lol xxx:cry:

Try the cream that jen suggest u will probably be suprised at the results, do u wax them your self hun, because it is very hard to hold the skin and pull the strip as u would if on a lady, and this will cause more trauma hun. Try the cream though as it is said to be amazing, and hopefully u will be waxed and bump free!xxx

hey i wax them myself sometimes yea if i dont have time to get someone else to do it!!

Replys helpfull tho thanx i know about all the boring skin stuff and hair stuff but just wondered if anyone knew what i could do to help stop it or at least make it better! lol xx

PFB Vanish.. excellent for after any hair removal... be it waxing.. shaving, electrolysis, fab for both ladies and men and also good for mild acne. :hug:

A couple of links if you are interested are: PFBVanish

& PFB Vanish
I need this for myself. Where or how can one get it Jen?

Latest posts

Back