Unhappy client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey! This has happened to me twice oneday when I couldn't fit a girl in for a fill and once were it was a very similar situation to what you are dealing with now.
A couple months back I did a girls nails, her boyfriend and 2 year old came. Sat on my couch, ran around and even took pop outta my fridge. She wanted long long nails, with extremly tough nail art and gems. Took me well over 2 1/2 hrs, she was 5 bucks short as well I was ticked. I asked her 4 times about the legth (they were very long, especially for someone who had never had nails) well she had the nerve to ask for a ride home, had no car seat. Then told a ton of people she was ticked because they were " wayyyy to long "
She didn't rip them off but I got a text asking if her friend could get a cheaper set since I made hers to long, she was trying to con me.

I never even bothered replying back, people want everything for nothing. As far as I am concerned they can take that additued and shove it were the sun doesn't shine. I agree in the comment that once you leave you own the nails, since when did nail techs start giving warrenties? We don't! There is no refuned for straight up stupidness.

(didn't she think owwee when ripping a brand new set off? like honestly how hard is it to get a file or acetone. I wouldn't even offer a free set, I bet her nails are a state. I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them after she put them through that trauma)

Good luck hun xoxo

I think your damned if u do and damned if u don't,but I would not give her a refund, even if u do, if she wants to bad mouth your business she will, so stick to your guns, u earned your money and have done everything u can to try and make things right, so u deserve it. Everyone has a client like this at some point, try not to worry to much :D xx

I just got a reply of her..........'So i am £15.00 down......great', i replied, 'i offered to fix them twice but you chose to rip them off', just done a set of full glitter nails, was a bit nervous lol, client was very happy, even gave me a £4.00 tip so im not going to beat myself up about it anymore. thanks all xxxxx

A client like that may shake your confidence for a minute. Brush it off and keep moving. You know your work.

She's fortunate you were the one who did her nails and not me. If a moldie oldie like me had done her nails, she'd have been out $45-$50 and I wouldn't have called her back a 2nd time.

I hate to be unpro here but i laughed to scorn at the fact someone would rip off there nails leaving them self sore what a silly cow!
I would not refund her under no circumstances
I would take this as hard earned experiance and bare in mind that there are some women out there that have an undetected mental illness
they have nailophrenia the other term for Schyzophrenia :Scared:

So.....she shouldn't use my idiot quote then? :wink2:

I didn't read your post fully until now. Great minds eh?! Lol!

You are much better at tact than me gr8nailz xxxx

Dont you go refunding this woman. Word will be out & then there will be a whole batch of women close behind her doing exactly the same thing. You gave her the chance to have her say at the end of the treatment. You offered to fix it & if she's removed them then its not your problem. Put it down to experience & be very aware that we are living in a society who are happy to deliberately sabatage something to get there money back. People do it with clothes all the time & will happily do it with nails too...

Hi everyone, the lastest message was, can i have your insurance details, i have a friend down south who is high up in beauty and teaches nails said i am entitled to a refund, if i dont offer it i can claim on ur insurance................to which i replied i have sent a copy of the Client Record Card you signed and dated saying These enhancements are not guarenteed and are my sole responsibility once i leave the salon....with other things, i told her she lost the right to a refund when she declined both my offers to rectify and ripped them all off. Scare tactics spring to mind, sorry love im fully insured x

Aah...now she's coming with the threats...the "I'm gonna call an attorney" or the "I know
someone high up in the industry." Whoopie f*cking do!

Do you think for one second ANY attorney will take a case worth $15? Oh...and where's the evidence? That's right.... she destroyed it!

And if she knows someone high up in the industry, once she tells them what she's done, after they get done laughing at her they'll tell her what you should've told her already... keep it movin' sister

Sounds like she was trying to scare you into giving her a refund, thinking you wouldn't have insurance and you would back own, well that backfired ! Your insurance company would of laughed out loud, what was she going to claim for ? Nails that were too long for heavens sake, I don't think you will hear anymore from her put it behind you & down to experience. X

She's a right mental case. Her plan got foiled so now she's trying to bully you. Say you don't need my insurance details that's between me & any attorney you feel fit to use. I await your letter & my insurance will throw the case out in seconds!

just wanted to send a hug :hug: what a horrible woman to put you through this, even though you have insurance and it's obviously nothing to do with what you did, i can imagine it still makes you feel awful x

When I read what she had said to you, I laughed out loud and my husband and daughter asked why, told them a they lol'd too

And do you know what any insurance company, solicitor, lawyer would lol aswell

I'm still chuckling.. Ridiculous

Hugs hun because even tho we are all saying this to you, it must still get to you :hug:

She doesn't have a leg to stand on....for a start she has destroyed the evidence lol She's just trying it on. Bet that knocked her legs from under her when you told her that you're insured and reminded her that she signed the CRC and everything, well done

But sending :hug::hug: for you because this whole thing must have been horrible for you, even though you are completely in the right and have done everything you should and nothing that you shouldn't (like refund for instance!) xx

Well everyone i think its the end of it she wasnt impressed that i sent her a copy of the CRC and she said 'lucky for me i had my little insurance policy', anyway she said that she would bad mouth me to everyone and she had picture evidence and..... let the pictures do the talking. Anyway im glad it stood my ground but boy have i took a beating but on a positive note i have learned a great deal from this and when one door closes another opens, here is to picking myself up and dusting myself of and trying to get back into it all, once again THANK YOU sooooooo much everyone you have all helped me on this massive new learning curve xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good on you xoxo, you are gonna build a good client base, it just takes time. Also if the people she knows are anything like her I would be glad not to have them as clients. Let her yap. Good luck xoxo, you dont need stupidity like that in your life! Xoxo

Just remember you are the one who can hold your head up, you have handled the whole situation well and have been more than fair and as you say dust yourself down & learn something from it, next time a client leaves happy with your service then next day decides she's not, then charge her for any additional work, it's your time and time is money. X

Good for you standing your ground and agree with the replies above totally and hun who needs clients like her friends, who if they believe all her rubbish would be hard work clients anyway.

You can hold your head high, which is more than she can do :)

I cant add any more to the great posts already made but well done you! :hug:

Latest posts

Back