Unhappy with botox treatment at the Manchester show!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rheanna

Reaction score
hi all, hoping for some help & direction really as the thread states I'm unhappy with the botox treatment i had at the manchester show in October.

Basically both my eyelids seem more droopy not less & 1 way more so than the other i look lopsided & am so upset, can anyone tell me the likely cause of this??

I have been back in touch with the company & after many attempts spoke to them but the line was bad & I was simply offered a top up treatment however
a. they are based 2 hours away so a 4 hour round journey not really feasible!
b. I'm not really sure i trust them anymore & couldn't topping up those areas just make the problem worse??

I've had botox about 6 times before & always been very happy with the results, so was confident in going ahead - dont worry ive sooo learnt my lesson.

Is it unreasonable for me to expect a refund so i can put it towards corrective treatment?

They've offered you to have more treatment done to sort it out, the fact it's a 4 hour round journey isn't their fault or problem.

Unfortunately spur of the moment decisions like this without researching the practitioner is a recipe for disaster, just like dodgy tattoos people get in Blackpool on hen weekends!

hi all, hoping for some help & direction really as the thread states I'm unhappy with the botox treatment i had at the manchester show in October.

Basically both my eyelids seem more droopy not less & 1 way more so than the other i look lopsided & am so upset, can anyone tell me the likely cause of this??

I have been back in touch with the company & after many attempts spoke to them but the line was bad & I was simply offered a top up treatment however
a. they are based 2 hours away so a 4 hour round journey not really feasible!
b. I'm not really sure i trust them anymore & couldn't topping up those areas just make the problem worse??

I've had botox about 6 times before & always been very happy with the results, so was confident in going ahead - dont worry ive sooo learnt my lesson.

Is it unreasonable for me to expect a refund so i can put it towards corrective treatment?

Oh no how awful for you. It sounds as though you have ptosis (sp?) which can occur with botox and causes droopy eyelids.

It's not always the fault of the practioner and sometimes is just bad luck. This is cited as a possible side-effect of botox and on that basis any claim is likely to be unsuccessful. I imagine you signed some kind of disclaimer?

Fortunately it is usually temporary and I believe can be helped by special eyedrops although I don't know the name of them.

Personally I wouldn't waste my time trying to make a claim and would contact either my usual botox practitioner or GP for advice.

Hope this helps and good luck.

PB
x

Thanks PB, no I'm not looking to make a claim just wondered if it was unreasonable to ask for a refund maybe it is !! Just annoying & upsetting & the whole experience was very different to previous

I have pics if anyone has professional advice I coul pm them across

Did you sign a consent form with this as one of the side effects? If so then you have no come back, you had the treatment with full knowledge of the possible complications.
You had a medical treatment on the spur of the moment at a beauty show, unfortunately it has not gone as expected.
Were you offered the chance of a review in 2 weeks if you needed a top up?
This whole set up is probably a bad idea from both sides, the people doing the treatment have taken your money without providing the follow up support that should be offered with this type of treatment.
You have made a bad choice of practitioner
Lesson learnt I hope?

I'm still shocked that this kind of treatment was allowed in the middle of a very unclean environment!

yes Fozzo just the basics of patient care not in place.

Thanks all yes lesson learnt definitely!! it does seem to have got a little better so after research think it may be ptosis (think that's right) I did sign a consent form yes.. I'm going to have to chalk this one up & have rang my normal therapist

I'm still shocked that this kind of treatment was allowed in the middle of a very unclean environment!

It's been going on on every beaut show now (in London), botox, lip enhancement, fillers.

I'm shocked anyone would risk getting it done without baking sure a two week follow up appointment was offered and a mobile number of the practitioner given!

You deffo had a ptosis likely from incorrect injection point or poor after care!

Never be tempted by cheap offers and no follow up...you get what you pay for!

And this is the reason i wholey support the bma in ensuring botox is only carried out by a lisenced nurse or doctor only. Also we dont know the side effects long term of botox use and this is clearly more of a reason not to have it done in the first place.

Personally I think it is fairly disgusting that they were allowed by the organisers to offer injectable treatments! What if someone had knocked the practitioner during administration?

And this is the reason i wholey support the bma in ensuring botox is only carried out by a lisenced nurse or doctor only. Also we dont know the side effects long term of botox use and this is clearly more of a reason not to have it done in the first place.

I have to disagree... Of course I agree with the nurse and dr bit but that we DO know the long term effects of Botox, millions of treatments every day all over the world for over 30 years...

Latest posts

Back