Universal Contour Wrap vs Shrinking Violet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm doesnt look good for the nail co either maybe this is a lesson learnt !

Hmmm doesnt look good for the nail co either maybe this is a lesson learnt !
Not sure what you mean about nail co, but regardless there have been many lessons learned :)

But a wise man once said: You miss every ball you never swing at (well, paraphrased!).

For the same reason why this was once just a nail site.

We exist to serve the pro. A lot of our team and a whole heck of a lot of our customers are beauty professionals. We aim to do our best to deliver excellence to all. This is also why most of our distributor partners serve more than just nail professionals.

This partnership wasn't a good fit and it wasn't really down to a "nail company getting into skin care". We took the approach that instead of forcing it to work, that we would agree it wasn't right for us and move on less for commercial reasons and more for reasons that are true to our core.

To those with education booked, we will continue to honour all courses and help you during the transition (this includes our partners). The up side is that you will be getting more "bang for your buck" because of the transition. The transition won't happen overnight. It will take some time, but rest assured that we will always do our best to do right by you.

It's not your company I'm worried about. It's tibby. I wanted to invest in the brand because you guys were investing in and and believed in it and I know you always take on the best. But now I'm just not sure wether I want to even invest in this company.

Just because it isn't a good fit for us does not mean it would not be for you. Do some research and speak to those that have had experience. If in doubt, call The Centre, or us. We will happily postpone or refund your investment for the class if you have any doubt.

Just because it isn't a good fit for us does not mean it would not be for you. Do some research and speak to those that have had experience. If in doubt, call The Centre, or us. We will happily postpone or refund your investment for the class if you have any doubt.

Thank you, I will have a think about it then.

Hmmmm! I've been using Shringking Violet for quite a while, I've not always been happy with their customer service and when they first launched the product I was told "no training necessary if you hold a wrap certificate", I had a long conversation with them on the phone and was talked through the procedure. This was because there was not a lot of training being done then.

When it started to really take off and training was put in place because I'd not been trained "in person" I was taken off their FB page! What about the fact I trusted and invested in them at the beginning?

One of the reasons I stuck with the product is because I do get some great results and like a lot of people when S2 took it on I thought, this is really going to take off now. However it's not a miracle cure, people are not going to lose a whole dress size and whatever they lose won't stay off if they carry on doing the same as before! Oh and guess what, no I don't get repeat business from it, once they've had their course or treatment they normally don't have it again.

I know you guys at S2 can't say too much but walking away from a company you've invested a lot of time and money in does make me feel a bit twitchy. Perhaps I'll have a re think about how much more I want to invest in the product in the new year.

Carlalouise. .. can the same not be said for all body wraps and diets though - if you don't change you won't see change? (Bear with me here i'm not trained in wraps) - after a course do you have a maintenance programme?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Carlalouise. .. can the same not be said for all body wraps and diets though - if you don't change you won't see change? (Bear with me here i'm not trained in wraps) - after a course do you have a maintenance programme?

The way I see ANY wrap system is that it's a quick fix. Great to maybe get into that little black dress for an occasion but to say it's anything other than that I feel is misleading. If you're having to diet or change your eating habits after having a wrap, then surely it's the diet/exercise that's going to be doing the very thing that keeps the inches off rather than the wrap.

Morning all,

We are working hard to make the transition as easy as possible so, in the spirit of good customer relations, if you have ordered within the last 7 days from www.tibbyolivierpro.com we will duplicate your order foc :) Any questions you may have about new or existing products please direct to [email protected] as we are rarely on this forum and would not want anyone to think we are not responding. It is most certainly business as usual from our new premises with the launch of new products and a repackaging of our most popular lines. We would like to thank everyone for their messages and it is a shame when one sees suppositions or agendas but such is human nature :| . Thank you too to Mr Geek for your professionalism as always :hug:

Just a pity S2 aren't following suit :(

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

You're absolutely right! A lot of clients have been lead to believe that this treatment is a miracle cure for their excess weight / inches, you do have to manage their expectations. However when you tell a client to keep it off you are going to have to train, change your eating habits, drink less or it's going to come back on, they are, even if they really already know this, a little disappointed.

I think wraps have their place in our industry and are great to give you that boost and encouragement to a new svelte you but unfortunately they are not the answer to permanent weight loss.

Pretty sure it's never been marketed as a be all and end all to weight management like any treatment/therapy in the whole industry It can achieve only so much in one session. Anyone struggling with results should request some extra help perhaps? I'm sure SS wouldn't have even considered a product in their portfolio they didn't believe in! It's business - relationships fall apart and professionals continue as such x

I am really ticked off about this only trained 2 days ago and no mention of this!
I trained with UCW 20 yrs ago. Results were good but quite an upleasant treatment to receive and very messy! Lots of wet bandages ( that have to be re-rolled after washing) and towels. This time and cost has to factored into the price.

Decided to take on SV as lots of positive feed back about the treatment. Nice to experience and very little mess.!

When I did the training have to say I think my 9 yr old daughter could have done it. Absolutely nothing like the training with UCW.

What I was peeved about was the treatment costing.

Come on Tibby Oliver

Small kit per treatment cost....£xxx

Large kit per treatment cost.... £xxx

25ml of solution (grapeseed jojoba lavender juniper cypress oh and the magical ingredient lecithin)

A roll of Wrapture (very similar to cling film)

Are we all perceived as mugs in this industry?!!

I am sure if this industry was male orientated they would not except treatment cost to be £xxx for 25ml of oil and some cling wrap.

Grrrr Sorry rant over!

Last edited by a moderator:
I only come on here about every 4 months to see if anything new I've missed in trade mags etc and think will log out again for a while - s2 (sorry not SS) provides SG as a resource but it far too often descends into personal or unprofessional comments

If you had an issue with your S2 training a few days ago you should bring it up with them personally not on a public forum and I'm quite surprised you didn't do your costings prior to taking treatment on and I think they're wrong x

I only come on here about every 4 months to see if anything new I've missed in trade mags etc and think will log out again for a while - s2 (sorry not SS) provides SG as a resource but it far too often descends into personal or unprofessional comments

If you had an issue with your S2 training a few days ago you should bring it up with them personally not on a public forum and I'm quite surprised you didn't do your costings prior to taking treatment on and I think they're wrong x

You are not informed about the costings until you train, and yes I agree buying the small and large kit there is huge cost per treatment difference!

KBB
would like to clarify a few things here.
I did not say SQ training was bad it was what it was very simplictic.
As for the costings I have them here in front of me in black and white.
I am correct.

I really dont see what the problem is sharing this information with others on SG.
I just hope it helps others make an informed decision when chosing a wrap system.

I have done a few treatments and so far had good results will have to wait and see.

Interestingly have just read an article from two professors regarding SV. I would like to hear TO response to this.

Wont go into too much detail from fear of a "gagging order" being placed on me.!!!!!:eek:

I have add my 2pence.
I am a customer from both s2 and Tibby. I find both offer fantastic customer service and fabulous products. All my nail treatments are CND and I LOVE them! I offer SV wraps and although the cost per service is quite high, clients are willing to pay what you charge because its such an amazing, revolutionary treatment!

I think it's sensible to question the reason why they decided to part ways but I also don't believe that everything has a hidden agenda. Sometimes relationships just don't work including business ones.

I also think its unfair to poo poo a treatment or product when you have had no first hand experience with it.

SV is a fantastic treatment. Which is why s2 invested in it in the first place. It's unfortunate that the business arrangement hasn't worked out. But this doesn't change what a fabulous break through SV is!

Interestingly have just read an article from two professors regarding SV. I would like to hear TO response to this.

I too have seen this article.
I'm going to ask again. Where is the peer reviewed research to back this up?
All this fat being released into the system can cause all manner of problems including cirrhosis of the liver and diabetes.

I'm not a user of sv but if it induces lypolysis by exterior bio mechanism ( ie the emulsification of the membrane lipid head and the release and separation of the phosphate tail with the exterior heat application causing circulatory increase I would say it would only produce a small amount of diglycerides in the blood for a short time any fatty acid mobilised from such a treatment it would surely either be burnt of by activity that day or restored in adipose ?
I wouldn't have thought a cosmetic treatment would be that traumatic
Having said that I'm not a professor of biology ,I draw my view from years of teaching medical cavitation and laser techniques involving cannula and a three year stint In post surgery vascular Laser
I would probably say having a diagnosed liver problem or diabetes would be a contra to any treatment with lymphatic reliance
However many drugs with lipase inhibiting property's or dietary fat binders as there referred too are licenced
It's been twenty years since I was at university but I'll be interested to see if a peer is quoted saying a body wrap will cause any sort of Liver disease

There at least 2 independent experts who state that this does not work.
Dr Stephen O’Rahilly, Director of the Metabolic Research Laboratories at Cambridge University and Professor Steven Bloom from Imperial College London.

Latest posts

Back