Universal Contour Wrap vs Shrinking Violet?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do they state the active ingredient does not work or the delivery system ?
Is it a statement or clinical research ,what were the findings was a placebo used as comparison or was it comparitive with another product
I find it hard to understand how pc or sodium deoxycholate cannot induce cell lysis as this is there function in many drugs
I administered lipodissolve for about two years at a previous employment and have read sooo many papers on ppc including its use for lipomas on HIV patients who are extremely compromised
In my experience only a company manufacturing a product would pay for clinical trials or the prosecution in a big litigation issue
Has this study been sanctioned by the manufacturer ?
As who in the hell would pay for an indepth clinical study on someone else's product
Please no offence intended to anyone and I'm not trying to be pad antic but just trying to understand statements being made on this thread

It's a response to a specific question, rather than clinical research.
They state that no amount of wrapping can induce what is a very sophisticated biochemical process.

Dear All,

As global owners of the Universal Contour Wrap brand, I would like to take this opportunity to express some simple views.

When it comes to inch loss treatments, we have seen many come and go over the last 25 years - yet still we remain strong. We offer our clients a wealth of marketing material, back-up and support - even Free online training facilities. We're not at the forefront of the press all the time and that's because we are often seen as "old news" - but let me please assure you, that whilst we're not always at the forefront of the press, we're always around and we almost never receive any negative comments.

In over 20 years, we have guaranteed a minimum of 6 inches to over 5 millions customers around the world.

Now, we are excited to say that we are re-developing our formulations to make it even better! As if it's not already the best, it will be improved! We're also looking into a larger and improved range of retail products to help after treatment sales.

Our prices are also cheaper than ever before - given the recent economic climate we felt it was important to do this and this has maintained our product being offered in nearly 1,000 salons across the UK, and over 2,000 around the world.

However, whilst our prices are better, we will not be competing with Shrinking Violet's 50% off - we don't need to; we offer plenty of support to make sure our customers make sensible profits from UCW without the need for this.

If you are interested in taking on UCW, we offer a free trial treatment to any salon. So if you're just not sure, please do e-mail [email protected] and she can arrange a free body wrap for you wherever you are in the UK; provided you are the salon owner/manager.

Many thanks, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Chris, UCW

I'm a little shocked by the speed of this turn of events, I hear the explanation of the brands were not a good fit but what has changed between now and just three months ago when they were at professional beauty together and why are they are effectively having a fire sale with the stock.

Last edited:
I'm a little shocked by the speed of this turn of events, I hear the explanation of the brands were not a good fit but what has changed between now and just three months ago when they were at professional beauty together and why are they are effectively having a fire sale with the stock.

That may be how you say it .. It is not how we are saying it. And what prompts decisions is proprietary information not public information. Not a good fit explains it perfectly ... Stop trying to dig for dirt where there isn't any. It's just stirring the pot. If you love the products then carry on .. People have good results and are making good business. Take advantage while you can.

ouch geeg! Sorry, did not mean to pry. The quick change in events took me by surprise and has unsettled my plans for 2014 (to train in SV) so yes I was seeking some more clarification but I understand that information is confidential. Am going to hang fire for now as I'm a nervous nelly about these things and have come to rely and trust on S2's judgement.

Done shrinking violet training today, and really liked the product. I dont think its fair to rubbish a product when you dont have all the information from both sides, of why they parted company. Tibby oliver sent an email explaining they want to work closer with their customers, and they are improving the oil. products are improved all the time, why would we want the products to stay the same and not get better?? A lot people just like to mix their big wooden spoon!

Sienna x is apparently doing the same with their tan ie removing from capital etc, so are we going to start rubbish sienna because they want to do in house selling... x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I went on training with UNIVERSAL CONTOUR WRAP recently and it was absolutely first class. I had a wrap myself and could see with my own eyes (and Tape Measure) that I had lost 2 inches off my waist, 1.5 off my thighs, .75 off my calfs (thats all we had time to measure)... I am convinced and will definitely be offering it in my salon xx
:)

I really don't know what to do because I paid for the training at the fingertips centre glasgow last week. It's for the first of December, I guess I will need to go through with it because i don't think I will get my money back.

It makes me feel abut suspicious and I don't know if I want to use the brand anymore. It feels like it's going to be a waste of money.

You're absolutely right! A lot of clients have been lead to believe that this treatment is a miracle cure for their excess weight / inches, you do have to manage their expectations. However when you tell a client to keep it off you are going to have to train, change your eating habits, drink less or it's going to come back on, they are, even if they really already know this, a little disappointed.

I think wraps have their place in our industry and are great to give you that boost and encouragement to a new svelte you but unfortunately they are not the answer to permanent weight loss.

Can the same not be said for any diet though? If you go back to eating 10 burgers and chips a day of course the weight will go back on. Losing weight has to be a lifestyle change x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back