Unqualified techs doing their "job"!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspirit

Reaction score
Hello geeks!

We have our own small forum in Estonia. There is a subsection for nails and advertising.
In nails forum there was made up 2 threads about unqualified techs doing their "job". Threads are mainly to prevent people going to these kind of places and to really ask the nailtechs education (mainly becuase there are so many unqualified people advertising in the same forum for their services). Some of them do say that they have not done any courses, some say that and add "hope you dont mind":smack:
Some lie about their education. There has been already one educator from Estonia commenting on a persons work who lied about completing a course with them.
I really do hope that there would be at least a small % of people to read this thread in Estonia. Because the pictures are just horrible.
I know that you will not understand the text but please click on the links and then on the pictures. Most of them are the pictures from the same forums advertise section.
Buduaari foorum - Ebausaldusväärsete küünetehnikute nimekiri
Buduaari foorum - Mõni "küünetehnik" võiks ameti maha panna

Last edited:
I'm glad you posted that link. I have never seen anything so ???? awful and disgraceful, they obviously do not have a clue !
Even my very first attempt, without training, ( on myself !) was loads better than that, I'm sure even my bloke could do a better job.
I wish I understood your language, I'm sure there would be some interested reading, :hug: xx

Gosh, they are awful!

Yes Tracey there would be some reading but nothing what would not have been sayd here on The Nail Geek :hug:

There is a similar one here in Croatia. It's a part of a general forum where girls were supposed to share their experiences as clients, but of course, owners joined 'to help' and then advertising and admins alow it :eek:.

That wouldn't be as horrid as it is if some of the members didn't post things like "you don't need education, what's such great wisdom with nails'" :eek: or "what gel should I buy, I wanna do my own nails" :eek: and "need to let my nails breathe". And post pics very simmilar to ones you shown, and members saying - ah, wonderfull :irked:

Gives all of us a bad name.

And then people get confused because you know, internet has a great power.

I stopped reading that forum because I can only get my stomack upset while trying to get some senses into those in vain. I fight that on "local basis", meaning - I wrote a lot of informative text on my web site, and people read, learn, and eventually get rid of some prejudices or fears.

That kind of fight gave the best results, even though those are just my clients and not more people, but it's worth. They tell me they enjoyed reading, because most of the salons have just "pink price lists" and "we are the best" signs.

There will always be places like that, so... just get over it and put your strenghts to make a difference "locally" :hug:.

Thats a good idea to put as much of information in your website. I have done that as well but will be adding some extras now.
I personally am not into it or over it. I have done the best to educate my clients and will do that for strangers as well. There are already many people (potential clients) who have read it and thanked a lot. So im happy! Its a small difference but still a difference (Estonia is very small anyway:lol:).
Ou yes there are and will be that kind of places and nobody cant do a thing about it...:irked:

you can read it if you use google....just right click on the page go down to page info then translate page into english. it doesnt do it too well but you get the idea of what is being spoken about...
quick shocking really how much damage has been done in some of those pictures.
however.... I dont think its a nice thing to do setting up such a thing as unprofessional nail gallery with names. I totally understand the reasons why...... but i dont know .....may be its just the nice peron in me lol!
They are obviously artistic people...they should be encouraged to better themselves by getting training.
i am obviously writing this reply in response to how i have translated the topic......if i have mis read at all then i apologise.

I think you got it right:lol:. I must say it was quite funny to read the trasnslated version:D
Yes there is an ethical point aswell...not so nice. Though those usernames are already there in the advertise forum all public. The thread was actually started by a client not a nailtech. So i think the general public was already thinking twice before that thread:lol:.

Last edited:
OMG they made me feel sick how the hell do they get away with it ?? :confused:

:eek: Holy crap!

Thats horrible. And here I am stressing over slightly imperfect smile lines. LOL.

My god! Ive never seen worse nails in my life!!

Thought mine wasnt up to scratch seeing them mine look perfect lol
xx

There are probably millions of nail techs...beauty therapists...spray tanners that are "in house" trained.
ie they were shown what to do when they got a job at a salon.
Have done no real training or are related to the staff.
Look at what MP's are up to.....
this is nothing in comparison but the problem is that they can be covered by the salons insurance......
Word of mouth usually puts them out of business though tbh.
Or they end up working for a pittance of a wage and the salon makes no profit.

OMG ! even my 1s sets werent any where near to that bad. It makes me really appreciate the training ive had and the knowledge ive go from it, even as a trainee i would never let a client leave me with nails like those:!:

That is something that amazes me! People actually pay for nails like that. These self learned (or poorly trained in most cases) nail techs are quite common here too. But honestly, I haven't seen that much damage before! :eek:

To educate people is very important!

I can't see the photos! It says that the link appears to be broken. Can anyone post the pics for me please?

I cannot connect to the links also cn anyone post them again?

Links seem to work fine for me...:rolleyes: Try again!

holy cow batman! they were, um err , different. am feeling rather superior right now. they were just shocking!

showed hubbie and we had a good laugh at them. then i stopped laughing and felt sorry for the poor people who pay those poopy nails.

tigi

holy cow batman! they were, um err , different. am feeling rather superior right now. they were just shocking!

showed hubbie and we had a good laugh at them. then i stopped laughing and felt sorry for the poor people who pay those poopy nails.

tigi

Unfortunately mate people pay for this crap every day...they know nothing better.
It's up to the nail techs of the future to EDUCATE them.
Ya snooze...ya lose.:idea:

wow and i think my nails are bad sometimes lol - these nails are quite horrible and i bet they snap of quite quick to - i wish people would see that its worth doing or paying for training lol x

Latest posts

Back