Unusual Nail polish problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmoz33

Reaction score
I have had 2 pedicures recently and both times had the same polish on, it's done the same thing both times.
When I have been in the bath both big toes get like white marks on the polish it's a really dark almost black polish I wear. She puts super shiney on as a top coat.
The marks look like I've scraped them or got abit of emulsion on them I can wipe it off and it goes then when it dries it comes back a little but can be rubbed off ....then it returns when I go in the bath again? I haven't put anything on my toes or changed Anything I usually Use in the bath...what's going on lol xx

Hmm, that is odd. At least you can rub it off! For me, depending on what shower gel I use, it can affect the shine when I get out. A dulling effect, that is easily wiped away...sort of like a soap scum? Sounds gross, I know. lol

Yeah lol like soap scum but it doesn't wipe easily have to really rub it to remove it ?!

Sounds a bit weird .. who knows??

i had this as well recently. I did a normal polish manicure on my mum, also used super shiny top coat and she called me to say in the shower her nails went white!?! Like you said it did rub off but i couldnt work out what has caused it. very strange!

This one's unusual! Your guess is as good as mine... I will be intrigued to see if anyone can shed some light.

this has only happened the once with me so far. My mum seemed to think it was something to do with the tempreture of the shower? she said it looked more like the nail had been tie-dyed!?! but when she dried off and cooled down it completely disapeared! if someone does know what this is please share! :)

Well I don't believe it is the heat of the shower .. been using Super Shiney for about 25 years both on myself and clients and never seen anything like she is describing nor ever had anyone tell me anything similar.

its bizarre isnt it! its only ever happened on the one i did for my mum and it hasnt happened since so was surprised to see Katmos33 had the same issue.
i dont think it was anything to do with super shiney either. i use it all the time and never had this problem before.
i did put speed spray and cuticle oil on then my mum jumped straight in the shower, could it possibly be the water and oil mixing? really have no idea!

Hi,
I have just had a client text me with exactly the same problem! I did her a creative spa pedicure, removed all oil from nailbed, then used sticky basecoat, cnd polish, super shiny & speed spray oil - she has described a white film which she can rub away but re-appears when nails dry again - help?! I'm a newbie & dont want to lose this new client! Thanks x

Hi,
I have just had a client text me with exactly the same problem! I did her a creative spa pedicure, removed all oil from nailbed, then used sticky basecoat, cnd polish, super shiny & speed spray oil - she has described a white film which she can rub away but re-appears when nails dry again - help?! I'm a newbie & dont want to lose this new client! Thanks x

Was it a dark polish u used?

Is your bath tub or plug white? Could you be somehow taking the surface off the tub slightly with your nails getting in or out? Or off the rubber on the plug? xxx

Latest posts

Back