update on advice about slimming tablets

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big miss nails

Reaction score
Hiya i started taking xenical but 4 days into taking them i started to have the toilet side effect.I phoned the doctor who advised me to stop taking them as i explanined i had 2 young children and couldnt spend the day on the toilet..
Well i'v been back to see him today and he's prescribed me reductil 10mg i know a few other geeks said they had took these..so im hopeing they dont have any side effects!

Fingers crossed you dont get the side effects from these hun :hug:

Pls let us know how you get on with them.

Hi

I dont mean to be nosey but why did you chose to take slimming tablets?

x

Hi

I dont mean to be nosey but why did you chose to take slimming tablets?

x
hiya babe iv tried weight watchers,a shape up diet group run through my doctors surgery but i havent been able to loose any weight in 2 years.I went to see the doctor about it and i then decided that i would try sliming tablets.

Fingers crossed you dont get the side effects from these hun :hug:

Pls let us know how you get on with them.
I will do babe x

Hi

Has your doctor ran any test on you for underactive thyroid etc? I think the doctors can be quire submissive about these things........ basically the cant be bothered.

One of the main ingrediants in a slimming tablet is the same as Sea Kelp that you can buy at Holland and Barrett, it speeds up you metabolism, therefore promotes weight loss.

The main reason that peoples metabolism is slow is because they do not kick start it in the morning by eating breakfast. If your body has nothing to burn within 20 minutes of waking up then the fire will dwindle out straight away. This then makes it very hard to lose weight.

I never used to listen but I sit there in the morning applying my make up and forcing a bowl of porridge down my neck. Kills me but I am relegious about it now!

One great way to shift the weight is by not eating ANY form of wheat. I found out that I had an allergy to wheat after suffering for 12 years with IBS. The weaight fell off me and has not crept back on.

I am not advising you against slimming tablets but from my experiance.... they are not very good for you.

I am not an expert but if you need any tips then just ask, I struggled with my weight for years and then found the light at the end of the tunnell.

HTH
xx

There was a thread quite some time ago about speeding up your metabolism. I found it but I don't know how to post the link to it. I know- loser!! LOL Search this title: Speeding up your metabolism?? - 19-06-06, 01:52 PM

I don't know much about the slimmimg tablets, do they list the ingredients on the container?

i have been on reductil 15mg since March and have lost 4 and a half stone and suffer no major side effects

hope they work for you hunnie xxxx

There was a thread quite some time ago about speeding up your metabolism. I found it but I don't know how to post the link to it. I know- loser!! LOL Search this title: Speeding up your metabolism?? - 19-06-06, 01:52 PM

I don't know much about the slimmimg tablets, do they list the ingredients on the container?

It is legal requirement to list the ingrediants on any form of tablets, they have to incase anyone has an allergy to anything.

My in-laws own a company which supply dietry and health/food suppliments, weight loss/ gain stuff, nutrients, vitamins etc and I have spoken on may occassions with them about my diet.

From their advise and guidence I have not suffered with IBS for 2 years, after 12 years of suffering, hospitals and tests and I have managed to stabilise my weight. I am a curvy size 12 and fluctaute about 4 pounds, better than the stone or two I did before.

xx

Thanks for putting up the link for me!:)

Yes, it is very true about eating a good healthy breakfast to boost your metabolism. Very simply, our bodies work like this:

If we don't eat a meal at prescribed times ie. breakfast, lunch and supper, our bodies don't anticipate the need to digest a meal which requires energy which, in turn, increases metabolism. Therefore our bodies chug along sluggishly. Suddenly we get hunger pangs and devour a heavy stodgy meal which our body has not prepared for and so struggles to increase metabolism to digest the huge meal.

However, if we eat sensibly at regular intervals and have healthy snacks in between, our bodies anticipate these meals and automatically our metabolic rate increases in anticipation of digesting the food.

As our metabolism tends to slow down in the evenings, there is a saying, ' Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a lord and supper like a poor man.'

Do we do this? No! Do I do this? Definitely not:rolleyes: but it makes sense!

I'm in trouble... I eat like a KING - KING - KING!!:lol:

Hi

Has your doctor ran any test on you for underactive thyroid etc? I think the doctors can be quire submissive about these things........ basically the cant be bothered.

One of the main ingrediants in a slimming tablet is the same as Sea Kelp that you can buy at Holland and Barrett, it speeds up you metabolism, therefore promotes weight loss.

The main reason that peoples metabolism is slow is because they do not kick start it in the morning by eating breakfast. If your body has nothing to burn within 20 minutes of waking up then the fire will dwindle out straight away. This then makes it very hard to lose weight.

I never used to listen but I sit there in the morning applying my make up and forcing a bowl of porridge down my neck. Kills me but I am relegious about it now!

One great way to shift the weight is by not eating ANY form of wheat. I found out that I had an allergy to wheat after suffering for 12 years with IBS. The weaight fell off me and has not crept back on.

I am not advising you against slimming tablets but from my experiance.... they are not very good for you.

I am not an expert but if you need any tips then just ask, I struggled with my weight for years and then found the light at the end of the tunnell.

HTH
xx
Thankyou babe i have also suffered from ibs.im going to the doctors on december 29 to have blood tests and to be tested for thyroid.i dont eat breakfast im terrible in the mornings somtimes i dont even have a drink untill dinner time.x

i have been on reductil 15mg since March and have lost 4 and a half stone and suffer no major side effects

hope they work for you hunnie xxxx
Thankyou babe.I hope they work aswell X

Thankyou babe i have also suffered from ibs.im going to the doctors on december 29 to have blood tests and to be tested for thyroid.i dont eat breakfast im terrible in the mornings somtimes i dont even have a drink untill dinner time.x

Hope you get on ok.

If you can find out what gives you IBS, you will probably find that straight away your tummy will go as it is often swollen, not so much fat.
I had a wheat intolerance and could look 8 months pregnant!

Let us know how you get on

xx

Latest posts

Back