Upper lip wax went wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honeymummy

Reaction score
Hi
I did a lip wax a couple of days ago and the client txt me with a picture to say that she is sore and red, like its grazed.
Its the first time Ive ever done this to a client and the first time she's had a lip wax.
although I must admit I have had the same done to me when I have had the upper lip waxed years ago.
I know the wax was at the correct temperature, and I have been waxing for six years.
any thoughts on why this has happend??

The prime suspect for this incident is the skin was not pulled tautly enough .. or you let go of the stretch just before you finished the pull.

Or if the client's skin was dry and no oil had been applied.

Or certain medications.

:hug:

i'm thinking skin may have not been pulled tight enough or slightly dry skin x

Maybe the wax doesn't agree with her.Ive had two problems in the past with tea tree cream wax so don't use it anymore.

i just remembered i once had a problem when i went for a lip wax i was going on holiday and then during the holiday i had a lumpy top lip almost like a couple of spots and then they went scabby x

Hi there, You could Try giving her a small patch test with all the products separately to see if she has an allergy to any of them.

Also see if she is on any medication for the skin ie acne problems.... and on anything like Ro-acutaine...( cant spell it ), this medication can thin the skin and cause reactions like this, clients sometimes forget to mention things. Waxing should be avoided if she is.

Hope this helps mx

Could possibly be the after wax/aloe vera or whatever you used on her after the wax? It's such a sensitive area the normal afterwax could be too much for the skin. I only ever use aloe vera gel for facial waxing

I'm not a fan of soothing lotions on the lip. If anything, I prefer Savlon or Bapanthem.

Just to add to what's been said, sometimes if the wax is too cool it can cause that to happen.

Many thanks for your advice ladies, truely appreciated x

I've had a similar thing happen twice to me recently and its never happened in all the 3 1/2 years I've been doing it.

I've recently changed from before and after wax oil from the lotion and begining to wonder if this is not agreeing with some people. My friend had her upper lip done along with eyebrows and under arm and it was only the left side that she felt tingly. I'm the same I'm sure my pop temperature was fine and I was holding her skin tight so I can only think its the oil

I'm thinking to use Savlon like Kim mentioned. Would I still use my normal pre wax oil then the savlon at the end?

I also use the Sterex Apres Cosmetic Cream after any facial waxing. It was something we used at college.

Use the gel wax for face it doesn't grip too the skin so tight. Cherry and jasmine wax I can't remember brand it's a popular one and I've never done it since swapping wax x

Latest posts

Back