Upset at boss could use advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllThumbs

Reaction score
Ok my boss is known to be a royal jerk. Even his wife says he is. He has no manners and customer tact and i wonder why ppl come to him. Well this whole week i have had the flu so i finallly made it back to work on sat. I worked my butt off booked from morning til night. My last client, i made last because she always takes 2 hrs to do, was running late so we got started at 6. Supposed to leave at 7 but we left at 8. I thought i was ok cause the wife was still working. Like 5 mins to being done with her my male boss starts asking. When will you be done? I told him buff then gel then done. So when i took my client to the gel light for her top coat he literally starts screaming, why you take so long Omg 2-3 hours for one client i want to leave! And just being an all out ass to my client! She has been with me a long time and normally comes on thurs so its not a busy day but i was sick. He's said things before but never lashed out to this particular client.
I get the feeling Im making them nervous because my client base has grown near 3x in th last year so Im to busy for walkins most days. But you think they would be happy cause the get 35% of my check. But what is bothering is that ppl that used to like them are now requesting me to do their nails. I think boss thinks Im stealing business but i Dont even try to bring in clients they choose me. My work speaks for itself.
But anyway what Im getting at is because of his outbursts Im going to start doing this particular client in my home. We are friends out of the salon anyway. Im so mad Im ready to jump ship and pack my things. But Ive been trying to wait til after prom to go cause Im working on business financing to open a shop and the money is ridiculous awesome during prom. But he's abusing my clients!
Talking it out is not an option with this man... So here is my question what would you do?
1. Hang tight til after prom and do the client at home
2. Jump ship now and try to use prom as a client builder?
Im stressing and praying. Thanks in advance!

Hi

I think you're boss needs to learn some serious customer service practices. I think if you have a big enough client base and people are requesting you personally then you should just up and go, can't you go mobile? offering your service by going to people's homes, you could advertise locally in your paper and around supermarkets or by the sounds of things word of mouth would be better, I would just advise all your clients that you will be working mobile, until your salon is open, and if prom is really busy then make a point of using this as a way to build clients!

Good luck xx

Unfortunatley where i live mobile isnt legal. Im talking to a couple of salons about renting a room from them. It just seems like its not happening fast enough

If you feel it would be best to wait till after prom, do so. If an opportunity presents itself before then, take it. If you can't find a room right away, perhaps because it is meant for you to wait till after prom.

This guy sounds like a real ass. You are much stronger for putting up with his bs. He is in the wrong business if all he wants to do is yell that he wants to go home. Especially if his wife was finishing up a client, what does it matter anyways? I'm sorry you have to even deal with this asshat.

If I were you, I think I would not let it bother me. The only person he is making look bad is himself, and this kind of behaviour will only make your clients more supportive of your decision to move on.

I wouldn't let it force me into making a decision I wasn't ready for. I would (and did in this position) hold my ground and maintain my own professionalism.

I stayed in my last job a year after I decided it was no longer where I wanted to be. Hang in there, and wait until the time is right!

Latest posts

Back