Urgent. Do nail cleaners affect self tan?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pamper yourself

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I have a client who came to me with this question - do the sprays, disinfectants and nail cleaners affect a self tan? She's going away for a weekend and is getting a spray tan or cream tan at a salon and wants to book to have her nails done.

Should she do them before or a day after the tan? Do the cleaners affect the tan results?

Really need an answer asap.

Many thanks
An

So m i rght in thinking that she coming to you for her nails after she has had a tan? then yes you do have to pay attention to not splashing her with anything. ANY FLUID that hits the skin will affect the tan whilst it is developing.

but you dont to worry too much, just pay attention to what you are doing OR she can get her nails before the tan ( just ask her to ask the spray tan therapist to either use a barrier cream on them before they spray her OR to wipe them immediately after the tan application.

xxxx

What if it's one day after?

if she has washed off the guide colour then there is no need to worry. the odd touch with nail cleaner wont harm it. what i have seen sometimes is where the client is soaking off i acetone, it can affect the fingers of some (but not all) tans.

xxxxxxxx

Oh thanks so much, I've just started in a salon and this is my first repeat client. Didn't want to ruin it iykwim. She's just coming for infills and repair (I hope cuz she's a picker).

Thanks again. I'll just be spairing on the disinfectant spray.

Latest posts

Back