Using a butter knife for waxing????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you double dip the wax that goes on your client never makes it back into the pot

I was told that it's about what you scrape off the skin by applying the first layer of wax (skin & blood) - that kinda makes sense to me.

I was told that it's about what you scrape off the skin by applying the first layer of wax (skin & blood) - that kinda makes sense to me.

You don't scrape anything off the skin!
You wipe the wax on and then spread it-nothing comes off the skin and if it does then you are doing something wrong.

You don't scrape anything off the skin!
You wipe the wax on and then spread it-nothing comes off the skin and if it does then you are doing something wrong.

To be fair there is always the possibility of the dead skin flaking off onto the wax and spatula and then back into the pot and so on.

A good reason to cleans the skin with a lavender/cleansing lotion before doing anything...mainly for intimate areas but if your worried well worth doing when working on any areas.

Further more and with the use of jasmine oil liberally spread on the skin before applying the wax (will help reduce tugging of the skin )this will create a partial barrier.

This whole double dipping thing really is a little blown out of all proportion...intimate areas yes very relevant but legs...mmm a little over the top especially as there are means to mitigate cross contamination. :hug:

Oh and another tip guy's...dont eat peanuts left out in a bowl on the bar counter ..you never know what you might catch :)

I don't double dip when I use non strip wax and wooden spatulas but I do double dip when I use strip wax and a metal spatula

I only use this on general body parts and I know there's talk of bringing in no double dipping at all, but I think this is ridiculous.

I choose not to double dip on intimate areas as I just don't like the idea of it

JMHO x

To the original poster, if you want to try a metal spatula, you can get one from Thalgo, Salon Serve and possibly Ellisons & Beauty Express (but don't quote me on the last two!)

Last edited:
I don't double dip when I use non strip wax and wooden spatulas but I do double dip when I use strip wax and a metal spatula

I only use this on general body parts and I know there's talk of bringing in no double dipping at all, but I think this is ridiculous.

I choose not to double dip on intimate areas as I just don't like the idea of it

JMHO x

Absolutely ridiculous!
I too do the same. Never double dip with non-strip wax but do with strip wax.
The idea that you can get bits of skin in the wax is just not true if you wax properly. Honestly, health and safety absolutely do my swede in!

after reading this thread it occured to me that i had a suitable metal spatula i could use.
although i am qualified to wax, i only do brows on clients because i find body waxing too painful on my damaged neck/back.

however i do keep a seperate pot of wax for waxing my own legs and when i did them today with the metal spatula i was AMAZED how much easier it was.
i got the wax on thinner and smoother and didnt dribble it about and make a mess as i usually do. i took far less strips to take it off , only using 2 for each 1/2 leg. now i dont know how well that compares to you all who do it every day but that is way fewer for me. i also felt the wax went on smoother and i think this was because the metal spatula retained the heat so that when i got wax on it it didnt immediately start to cool as it usually does when i use a seperate wooden stick for every dip.

so pleased i read this thread, ,thankyou all.

Latest posts

Back