using CND perfect color and solarnail powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailz4lyfe

Reaction score
just have a couple of quick questions concerning the CND perfect color and solarnail powders, as well as retention and radical monomers......

i was wondering; can u actually use the perfect color powders to mix with the solarnail powders for enhancements? and if the perfect color powders are used to create custom-blended enhancements, can they be used with radical liquid? .....also, can the solarnail powders be used with retention alone for enhancements, or do you have to use it with radical liquid? can it also be used with retention when being mixed with perfect color powders? i have both systems, but i play it safe by sticking to what i know of each system; i.e., solarnail powders with radical liquid, and perfect color powders with retention.....hope i make myself clear--and thanks, everyone, in advance!

I am not sure about the mixing of the powders but you can use both powders with both liquids however the Perfect Colour Powders were created to be used with Retention.

I have mixed the colours to make a natural free edge colour.

I am not sure about the mixing of the powders but you can use both powders with both liquids however the Perfect Colour Powders were created to be used with Retention.

i was rather thinking that...i had been playing around with both, and i found that using solarnail powders with retention seemed to make the product kind of slide around on the nail plate and not adhere properly.....and it took longer to work with.....i did find, however, that using the perfect color powders with radical liquid works quite well, but i had never tried mixing them and that's why i wasn't sure if the perfect color powders and the solarnail powders could be mixed for custom blending.....i'll just play with them some to find out for myself what it does with both liquids....thanks, guys!

Solarnail powders can ONLY be used with SOLARNAIL LIQUID.

Perfect color powders can be used with Radical, Moxie or Retention+

They are MADE to go with their respective monomers.

Solarnail ULTRA is not the same as solarnail, and can be used with the other liquids.

Solarnail powders can ONLY be used with SOLARNAIL LIQUID.

Perfect color powders can be used with Radical, Moxie or Retention+

They are MADE to go with their respective monomers.

Solarnail ULTRA is not the same as solarnail, and can be used with the other liquids.

Absolutely Heather....Solarnail powders which I am sure only come in blush and clear are just for use with Solarnail Liquid.
I probably wouldn't mix them with the other powders.......

Solarnail Ultra powders...in white,blush & natural......are for use with Radical & Retention+ ...and can be mixed with Perfect colour powders,Metro or Mosaic in CCB's.

I honestly haven't used Solarnail powders or Solarnail Liquid...ever!!!:eek:...a bit before my time lol!!
When I first started I used Solarnail Ultra powders and Radical Liquid.
A lot of people still use Solarnail Ultra blush........

I stand corrected - I didnt realise there was a Solarnail and Solarnail Ultra - I have only ever come across the Ultra ones.

oh you know i didn't pay attention to the solarnail ultra and solarnail powders to notice a difference? i think i may have a solarnail powder and i use it with radical.....i was just at the beauty supply store the other day, and i dont think i was aware of the solarnail liquid until i noticed it on the shelf above the others (retention, moxie, and radical).....i think it threw me because i was used to seeing the radical solarnail liquid on the shelves and just so happened to glance at the solarnail monomer.....i must check my supply when i go in in the morning, just to make sure....but just so u know, i havent had problems using the solarnail powder with the radical liquid; and come to think of it, the solarnail powder i'm using is clear and it's not solarnail ultra--OMG, i just thought of that!....but i did have to learn the hard way that the solarnail ultra powders CANNOT be used with retention.....thanks, everyone, for your help in this matter, i sooooo appreciate it!

Actually, the Solarnail ULTRA CAN be used with Retention+ babes, as well as Radical- check your ratio if you are having problems.

Original Solarnail Liquid and Powders are the only L&P's that are not useable with the other lines: Radical L&P, Retention+, Moxie, Perfect Color Powders, and Solarnail ULTRA.

Well just to throw a spanner in the works and have you all go crazy - read the following! :eek:

The UK will no longer be stock Ultra Powders or Solarnail Powders. The Perfect Powders will be used with everything; we will no longer be carrying the original SolarNail liquid either - just Radical, Retention+ and Moxie. The Ultra Powders were designed for Radical but the chemistry behind Perfect powders is so similar that these can be used with ANY CND liquid with no problems.

Again this is for the UK market only and I am aware that there are still many in the US that use original SolarNail liquid and powders too. UK only folks and TBH I think most of you use Perfect Powders anyway! On a side note - I do miss the Medium Grind Crystal... boy that was a wicked powder!

HTH's!:hug:

Actually, the Solarnail ULTRA CAN be used with Retention+ babes, as well as Radical- check your ratio if you are having problems.

Original Solarnail Liquid and Powders are the only L&P's that are not useable with the other lines: Radical L&P, Retention+, Moxie, Perfect Color Powders, and Solarnail ULTRA.

actually, i was telling you all that i thought i had some solarnail powders--i sure do--and i have been using them with radical, and they have worked fine......so im not really sure of the chemistry of the solarnail and solarnail ultra powders, but i am in fact using them both with the radical liquid and appear to be having no problems whatsoever.....however, like i said before--i cannot seem to use the solarnail ultra powders with retention liquid, so maybe i need to play with it more, in case the ratios with the radical and retention are different.....but the stuff is so expensive, you cant afford to play around with it too much.....oh, and by the way, perfect color powders work fine with radical as well, but there's a difference in ratio, so i think it may be safe to custom blend with them....you all think? it's all so confusing to me sometimes, but i love Creative, so will stick it out....thanks all!

Yes, it's totally safe to custom blend with Radical.

The nails you are producing may SEEM fine with radical liquid mixed with solarnail powders, but you do risk service breakdown later ;)

Thanks for asking so many questions- means you are taking it as seriously as possible, and I applaud that ;)

Good Luck!!! XO

On a side note - I do miss the Medium Grind Crystal... boy that was a wicked powder!

I had a jar of that in my kit when I started nail school. I never knew what "medium grind" meant. What was it that you liked about that powder?

I had a jar of that in my kit when I started nail school. I never knew what "medium grind" meant. What was it that you liked about that powder?
It was the clearest powder we ever did so for people who had perfect nail plates, you could use it rather than pink which would add to the colour. Of course for people with less than perfect nail plates it would show every flaw. Of all the 'clear' powders CND ever did, that was just an old favorite!

May I just add that the Ultra Powders are made up of different sized powder molecules which is why pick-up can appear different ()and they were orginally designed to go with Radical). When Retention+ was bought out (1997/8)... Ultra Powders were re-blended to react in a quicker manner with Retention but the technology is very similar.

Someone said earlier 'it's so confusing but I'll persevere'. Let me tell you what I do and it may help. Original Solarnail Liquid and Powders are 'older' technology... still good, still work, but older! I like to move on with the times and still now would use Radical and Ret+ with Perfect Powders... Many college lecturers haven't moved with the times and so often students get old technology or the tech that their trainer likes. Sites like this keep you in the loop and I guess I don't like clutter:rolleyes: ; why have 3 different types of powders if essentially you only need 1?? HTH's :!:

Latest posts

Back