Using Gel and Acrylic Together

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherubs

Reaction score
As I still struggle with my acrylic smile lines :Scared: would there be any problems if I were to do my white's with white gel and then carry on with my normal acrylic, so pink & white's but with white gel and pink acrylic?

Would this work? I still only do my own nails btw!

yes this will work.this was how i did these nails as i use the same brand l&p and gel.x

Last edited:
I have never had issues of incapatabilty.
And have filled one over the other and repaired and had no problems.

Thankyou, so is this how you do all your nails? I really struggle with my white acrylic and thought this would be another way of doing my pink n white's!
What products do you use?
Your nails are beautiful btw :hug:

i use nsi products.
my nails are currently gel but when ive filed or broken a corner off ive repaired my nail using l&p and ive just applied the gel just i usually would over the top.
when i did them nails i did my whites first using nsi white sculptor gel once i had fully cured them and wiped off the tacky layer i then buffed them over to make the surface slightly rough ready for the l&p and i just applied it the usual way.xx

Last edited:
Thanks guy's :hug:
Doing it this way sure makes it easier :):)

Tracey your nails look amazing... what have you used for zone 2 & 3? Is it just sheer pink or is it a custom blend?

I have started to use L&P and gel (both NSI) on my own nails and have had excellent results, no lifting at all and the colour is great. I have applied a layer of clear gel on my natural nail before going to college to protect them when the students are appying tips, blending and practicing l&p etc., so far so good. :)

Tracey your nails look amazing... what have you used for zone 2 & 3? Is it just sheer pink or is it a custom blend?

I have started to use L&P and gel (both NSI) on my own nails and have had excellent results, no lifting at all and the colour is great. I have applied a layer of clear gel on my natural nail before going to college to protect them when the students are appying tips, blending and practicing l&p etc., so far so good. :)
great idea,i wish i had thought of this when i was learning.
i used nsi radiant pink powder for zones 2 and 3.
im glad you like the nsi products,i think there fab.xx

great idea,i wish i had thought of this when i was learning.
i used nsi radiant pink powder for zones 2 and 3.
im glad you like the nsi products,i think there fab.xx

Hijacking the thread a little here but nsi have just brought out eight new balance colour gels too, they are lovely :)

I have also started using the balance gels ontop on l&p too and there's no problem at all (so far).

Excellent question cherubs, think I might be using this for french myself occasionally :)

As I still struggle with my acrylic smile lines :Scared: would there be any problems if I were to do my white's with white gel and then carry on with my normal acrylic, so pink & white's but with white gel and pink acrylic?

Would this work? I still only do my own nails btw!

It may well work hun but you need to practice more with your smile lines with acrylic. Sometimes...you practice on and on and it just "clicks into place" keep up the practice mate and it will all fall into place xxx

Thankyou, so is this how you do all your nails? I really struggle with my white acrylic and thought this would be another way of doing my pink n white's!
What products do you use?
Your nails are beautiful btw :hug:

Have you thought about changing what product you use?
Both EzFlow and Creative have a slower setting acrylic that will give you time to perfect your smile... Or have some extra training by doing a conversion with another company or a progression with the company that you are with...
hth :hug:

Many, many technicians have success with NSI and Judy1999 is right, if you practice enough it will click into place eventually. I am struggle with smile lines but just practice when I can on cheap tips. I actually do 2 or three smile lines on each tip!!

Or have you tried downloading one of the practice sheets that have been mentioned on geeks? If you laminate it you can practice your whites on them time and time again..... :)

yes this will work.this was how i did these nails as i the same brand l&p and gel.x
Hi your nails are lovely. I have read these threads but have a quick question. I am currently using Creative and like others, am still trying to perfect the l&p smile. In the meantime I tried on myself (cos its bad enough perfecting the smile on others, I have no chance on myself with my left hand), soooooo do you think I could put clear l&p over my natural tips and finish off with a layer of white gel paint and cure, then seal with a uv gloss? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I love the strength of acrylic but prefer the crisp look of french white gel smiles.
Thanks.
Debbie.

cherubs, have you considered a POW? it will make it a lot easier and quicker when you're with clients, but I definetely wouldn't stop practicing your smile lines with acrylic!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi your nails are lovely. I have read these threads but have a quick question. I am currently using Creative and like others, am still trying to perfect the l&p smile. In the meantime I tried on myself (cos its bad enough perfecting the smile on others, I have no chance on myself with my left hand), soooooo do you think I could put clear l&p over my natural tips and finish off with a layer of white gel paint and cure, then seal with a uv gloss? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I love the strength of acrylic but prefer the crisp look of french white gel smiles.
Thanks.
Debbie.
yes i have also done this with no problems.xx

Good question , Iv never thought of that, I have trouble with making smiles using acrylic too and want to get out the habit of using white tips! Im going to try it , thanks :)

yes this will work.this was how i did these nails as i use the same brand l&p and gel.x
Hi tracey
Can you pm me with the steps you have used applying the gel then L&P..

theses are great ans I have was wondering if you could use gel for free edge with glitter mix and then acrylic over the top and how to apply method...

thanks in advance xx:)

Latest posts

Back