Uv lamp used for removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shocking! The idea of putting your hand into an electrical device with a liquid that could potentially leak amazes me.

Put any liquid on a piece of cotton wool, wrap it around your finger with foil. Test it a minute or two later and you will see that your body heat is enough to heat the cotton wool.

Also, ask your insurer if you are covered for a practice that clearly the manufacturers of the UV lamp would not recommend.

Well, I do see that you are on the other side of the pond from me, so I can see where your concern over the bulb cost would come from, but I don't have the same issues. As I said, to each their own, what is worth it to some may not be to others! That is what makes the commercial world go round-is it not?

Well, I do see that you are on the other side of the pond from me, so I can see where your concern over the bulb cost would come from, but I don't have the same issues. As I said, to each their own, what is worth it to some may not be to others! That is what makes the commercial world go round-is it not?

I get ya hun xxx each to their own:Grope:

Much love xxxx

I've seen this before, biosculpture do this.
But the base of the lamp comes out so the clients hands are actually on a towel with the lamp above.
Not likely to burst into flames I wouldn't have thought but you never know?!
Bit pointless really as it removes in 15 mins by the time I have filed the free edge, buffed shine off and wrapped them all the first ones about done, then I just do the cuticle on each one as I go along so the others have a little longer to soak.

Thanks for all your opinions :hug: I've decided I won't be using my UV lamp for removal.

Well im sorry but Im shocked:eek:

Firstly what a waste of UV bulb time lol,,,secondly,,WHY

I wrap and place hands under hot water bottle which is wrapped in towel. After 5 mins give client hot drink the proceed to scrape that hand, then other.

I do IMO think the UV lamp is not needed for removal. Why not use our Infra red Minx lamp???

xxx
I use a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel but I've always worked with the clients hands on top, yours is a much better idea katiebbaby, nice one :hug: I also found working on a hot water bottle helped with application during cold weather with l+p x

Last edited:
When I do a removal by the time I've wraped the first finger up done the rest and got back to it, its quite warm! It actaully suprises me somtimes how warm!

Don't think id put a clients hand in a uv lamp or mitt! I find that might not be to plesant for thr clients fingers with the foil been constantly pushed down!

If any heat was needed I would prob use my minx lamp! I would find it a right carry on getting a hot water bottle out! And by the time you've filled it up and wraped it all up ina towel the Shellac is ready to come off!

If applied correctly Shellac comes of SO easily! Non of these heat souces are needed! IMO wait of time and electricity, bulbness and time.

But if not using Shellac and takes a little bit more wellie to get off then I think if it were me I would opt for the infra-red lamp! No direct contact and a safe enough distance away from me and my client! Xx

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Latest posts

Back