UV tanning with Fake Tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bails007

Reaction score
Hi,

Need some advice if poss

I have the worst pale skin ever, im the original Milky Bar Girl! Anyway back when i was about 19 i used sunbeds alot. But since i was about 25 (now 30) i have completely stopped and just faked it.

So im now addicted to having spray tan's every week.! I use Heavnely Bodies tan which i love!

Anyway i have a long hen weekend coming up in Marbella in August and as much as i would love to have spray tan for then, its going to be very hot and im sure it will just melt off with the heat etc.
So i thought i would go back on sunbeds for a while leading up to August, however i would love to keep my spray tanning going.
So question.. Can i still UV tan whilst i have my spray tan on, ? Or do u think its best to completely have no fake tan on so skin is fresh whilst im using sunbeds?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks
Sarah :)

PLease please please dont use sunbeds!!:)
Lecture over.
DO you know what brand tan you are using? Some companies sell 'extending' lotion which will prolong the life of your tan. Personally I use Sienna X and they sell a fab extension cream that prolongs the life of your tan. Might be wrth asking your spray tanner about that. Other than that if you have the tan the day before you go and take some lotion with you it should last the time you are away. You can buy some gradual tan lotions in the chemist. DOve gradual tan is very good, buy the one for fair skin and it will help prolong your tan.
And in answer to your question, if you absolutely must then sunbeds will not interfere with your tan, just keep moisturised!
xx

im not one for sun beds but when i used to get spray tanned in the booths years ago the always suggetsed to go on a bed first i always declined.

Anyway i tanned a regular client last sat and the tan never took and it was same tan as she always used , i went back over after the 8hours and true to her word she hadnt took

i went over the obvious had she done or used anything that could have effected her tan etc etc. answer NO
so started to spray her again and it went on like silk and started to absorb and develop straight away.
When we got chatting she said shed just been sitting in garden before i came over (it was a hot day) and i was like thats it, her skin just needed stimulating and sitting in the sun for 10minites done that and her final tan colour looked fab. Thats why they advised a bed before a tan in the booth salon!!!
She txt me next day saying it was loverly.

HOWEVER im not one to say go andfry your self or start a sunbed sesh as im all for safe tanning , but i rekon a bit of skin stimilation makes all the difference. So i suggested to her maybe dry body brushing the night before to stimulate circualtion and healthy skin cells. In your case also or maybe go in your garden on the day of your tan or have one sunbed before ya tan .............but not a full blocked booking HTH

PLease please please dont use sunbeds!!:)
Lecture over.
DO you know what brand tan you are using? Some companies sell 'extending' lotion which will prolong the life of your tan. Personally I use Sienna X and they sell a fab extension cream that prolongs the life of your tan. Might be wrth asking your spray tanner about that. Other than that if you have the tan the day before you go and take some lotion with you it should last the time you are away. You can buy some gradual tan lotions in the chemist. DOve gradual tan is very good, buy the one for fair skin and it will help prolong your tan.
And in answer to your question, if you absolutely must then sunbeds will not interfere with your tan, just keep moisturised!
xx

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I use Heavenly Bodies which i love! I have tried Fake Bake, Sienna X etc and they dont take as well on me. I have looked into it there isnt a pro longer lotion that HB do.
When i have my HB tan on i moistruise twice a day with oil free moistruiser. But if anyone can recommend a generic pro longer lotion that would be great! Im only away for 4 days but its sooo hot where and when im going just concerned it will just come off with the heat!

Sarah :)

im not one for sun beds but when i used to get spray tanned in the booths years ago the always suggetsed to go on a bed first i always declined.

Anyway i tanned a regular client last sat and the tan never took and it was same tan as she always used , i went back over after the 8hours and true to her word she hadnt took

i went over the obvious had she done or used anything that could have effected her tan etc etc. answer NO
so started to spray her again and it went on like silk and started to absorb and develop straight away.
When we got chatting she said shed just been sitting in garden before i came over (it was a hot day) and i was like thats it, her skin just needed stimulating and sitting in the sun for 10minites done that and her final tan colour looked fab. Thats why they advised a bed before a tan in the booth salon!!!
She txt me next day saying it was loverly.

HOWEVER im not one to say go andfry your self or start a sunbed sesh as im all for safe tanning , but i rekon a bit of skin stimilation makes all the difference. So i suggested to her maybe dry body brushing the night before to stimulate circualtion and healthy skin cells. In your case also or maybe go in your garden on the day of your tan or have one sunbed before ya tan .............but not a full blocked booking HTH

Hey! Thanks for replying

Ahhh thats interesting, but then if i was to go for a sunbed before my spray tan i would have to use a tanning lotion whilst on the bed and then wouldnt that lotion affect my tan?

Ok this might sound stupid but what is dry body brushing?

:)

Latest posts

Back