"v" shaped french polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joe90

Reaction score
I have been asked to do a girlie day at a friend of a friends where I will mostly be doing just toe nail polishing with a bit of nail art.

However, one lady has asked if I can do a "V" shaped french for her. Now I would normally do this with my airbrush but I have that much stuff to carry already I could really do without taking it.

So for all you free hand arty geeks is it easy to do freehand or would you use a mask like I would with airbrushing and leave on till dry.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated and some pointers for those who have done it freehand would be great. Ta muchly!

If you have a white nail art pen with the striper brush in it or if not a striper brush and white polish,
use the striper to do the V then paint the rest with the polish that way you have your straight line to follow if you know what i mean HTH

i find them quite easy to do french envolopes as they are straight lines, you shouldn't need anything like that hun have a little go on one of yours and see xx

I find it a little easier than doing free hand french. As you draw your brush out of the polish bottle try to flatten it slightly, I go from the side walls into the centre of the nail one side at a time, HTH's x x x

I find it a little easier than doing free hand french. As you draw your brush out of the polish bottle try to flatten it slightly, I go from the side walls into the centre of the nail one side at a time, HTH's x x x

I do the same. I have to say I find it easier than doing smile lines as you are doing straight lines as opposed to a curve.

I do the same. I have to say I find it easier than doing smile lines as you are doing straight lines as opposed to a curve.

I do too.. Some friends of mine cut their brush at a slant, and this helps them. I suppose it's all what you're used to though!

Here, it's called "chevron". Not really sure why, tbh, though :)

I always paint chevons free-hand, whatever the colour may be.

They are actually easier to do than the traditional French ... be careful not to overload your brush and do two thin coats, as opposed than one thick one.

Latest posts

Back