Valentines Day Nail Art Competition?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999judy

Reaction score
OK I hope I'm posting this in plenty of time.:)
After Ruths fab idea for dress a nail competition does anyone fancy a Valentines Day Nail Art Comp?
Open to anyone, just a bit of fun, as loads of us love a bit of nail art and tbh I don't get that many clients asking for this.
I'll donate 2 thousand geekmolians to the winner and organise some judges.
It can be one finger or a full set or whatever you like but it must be on a real nail as opposed to a tip (just for a change?)
Who's game?

OOOH! You nearly had me there!

Can't play though if it's on natural nails I'm afraid, no-one to do it on.:cry:

Can't wait to have a look at the designs though!

Teri x:hug:

OOOH! You nearly had me there!

Can't play though if it's on natural nails I'm afraid, no-one to do it on.:cry:

Can't wait to have a look at the designs though!

Could you have a try on yourself? It's not too bad on your other hand...go on:)

Could you have a try on yourself? It's not too bad on your other hand...go on:)

I'm fine with doing nail art on myself I just don't have any nails, I'm a bit of a biter I'm embarressed to say!

I'm fine with doing nail art on myself I just don't have any nails, I'm a bit of a biter I'm embarressed to say!

Well thats an incentive for you to stop biting them you naughty girl lol :hug:

Well thats an incentive for you to stop biting them you naughty girl lol :hug:

You know how the saying goes, "I don't bite when I've got enhancements on", which is most of the time. Get one break and the gnashers are out!!

I consider myself told!:lol:

Teri x

Aww bless, keep tapping on that keyboard that will keep them out of your mouth :hug:

sound like a fab idea the nail art comp, dont know if im quite good enough to come up with a design myself but i'd love to hav a peep at all u nailarters on here!!! xx

sound like a fab idea the nail art comp, dont know if im quite good enough to come up with a design myself but i'd love to hav a peep at all u nailarters on here!!! xx

That's the idea mate.
Bring yourself out of your shell and have a go.
It's only us, we're not so bad are we? What have you got to lose?
I would love to see this comp have loads of entries.
Don't all be so shy!!!
LOADS of geeks say they love nail art but when it comes to a competition they don't bother.
PLEASE do. You may surprise yourself.:hug:

well i cant quite get to grasps with the airbrushing thing but freehand i could give it a go?
nah ur right all u geeks are fab - no one's ever laughed yet anyways hehe
I'd give it a go jus for the experience xx

well i cant quite get to grasps with the airbrushing thing but freehand i could give it a go?
nah ur right all u geeks are fab - no one's ever laughed yet anyways hehe
I'd give it a go jus for the experience xx

Good work mate, give it a go x

OK we've got another 2 thousand geekmolians in the pot.
Let's get to work.
Thanks to the geek who has donated them.
OK let's see this nail art we all chat about.
I'm kind of hoping it will be a geek friendship, some people haven't posted for ages.

Hi! I'm new and just wondering how you go about judging this competition??:lol: Do we take pics and post them?? If so I'm game...:hug:

Why does it have to be on a natural nail? I have nails but I keep them short so they don't offer much room to do any art.

Why does it have to be on a natural nail? I have nails but I keep them short so they don't offer much room to do any art.

im guessing that Judy means on nails... be that natural or enhanced.... rather then just on a tip
example
nail art on a tip
embosswedflowers3.jpg

and nail art on a living person
lilynailthing-1.jpg

hth

Jess
xox

ps... the nails are design l&p .... im also guessing that you can do any type of design... be it hand painted.... airbrushed.... design l&p etc.... i posted the wee pics so you can see what i mean abt on 'real' nails

I'm a newbie at all this nail art but I'm willing to have a go - count me in :)

ill give it a go. im still new to all things nails and it could turn out pants:eek: or they could be quite good:green: , . its all experience eh xx

ok one other question, can it be on natural nails with natural overlay:green:?

Sounds like a great idea, i just missed out on the xmas 'dress a nail' so looking foreward to this! Just a few Q's tho. When's the deadline date? Are we going to email them to you, or post them on this site? Can it be any type of nail art? Do you want 1 pic or a few of different angles (like if we did anything 3d for example)?
Linz x

ok one other question, can it be on natural nails with natural overlay:green:?
i am sure that would be fine, I think what judy means is its nice to see it done on a real nail rather than just a tip, to anyone with short nails why not just put a temporary tip on with a bit of resin over, then you have plenty of room to work on.
great idea Judy:)

Latest posts

Back