Ventilation concerns help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Hello all...I was at the local hairdressers today and she offered me to do nails there in her salon if im interested....which I am as it would be so convenient all round.

My main concern is space...its a small place....pretty much most of the salon space is taken up...she threw me a couple of suggestions of where I could do it in there but tbh its far from ideal....

Anyway there is a backroom she didnt get chance to show me yet but she said its quite small but big enough to put a beauty couch in so it would be big enough for me to put a table in but theres no window in there...

...so my question is....I realise that we can do alot to mimimise the vapours and the smell in various ways which I try to do etc but with it being a really small room would the fact it does not have a window be a problem do you think?

Would there be anything else other than the usual...metal bin..scrubfresh on pad...lid on dish etc...that I could do to really really keep the smell to an absolute minimum as ive a feeling the hair clients would end up moaning about it....is something like the 'fuminator' any good or not? x

Will you have punctual suction that leeds out in free air? As it's not the smell but dust and vapours you should be scared of:)

When talking about smell, yes some of the filters does work (i've got one but simply cannot remember the name now) the filters does need to be changed regularly, but still it only takes away the smell, not dust etcc. so you would need to take care of that, not so much for the client but for YOU!
HTH:hug:

If its the smell, why not use a low odour or non odour product?
If its the dust you want to deal with, which is the bigger issue, you can get a desk top ventialtor/hand rest which is great. If you cant find local go on to www.eurofashion.pl.com

Will you have punctual suction that leeds out in free air? As it's not the smell but dust and vapours you should be scared of:)

When talking about smell, yes some of the filters does work (i've got one but simply cannot remember the name now) the filters does need to be changed regularly, but still it only takes away the smell, not dust etcc. so you would need to take care of that, not so much for the client but for YOU!
HTH:hug:

Punctual suction?....I know its dust and vapours lol...I didnt mention dust as I know you can get things that work effectively for that....but the ventilation on the whole is what im worried about, and the smell is what people will smell lol...I just want to make sure im not likely to upset anyone really x

If its the smell, why not use a low odour or non odour product?
If its the dust you want to deal with, which is the bigger issue, you can get a desk top ventialtor/hand rest which is great. If you cant find local go on to www.eurofashion.pl.com

I could uses low-odour but that might mean changing brands which I dont want to do as as far as im aware Ezflow and Creative dont do non odour.

Thanx for the link x

LOL didn't know the right word for extraction just besides your work place, still don't. But basically dustextraction, where the air is let outside...:lol:
Sometimes words are not enough LOL

LOL didn't know the right word for extraction just besides your work place, still don't. But basically dustextraction, where the air is let outside...:lol:
Sometimes words are not enough LOL

:lol: lol no there is nothing to let anything outside...no extraction and no punctual suction :lol: its just a very small room at the back of the salon x

Would the salon owner let you install an external extraction system?

I would say that using the low/no odour systems would be worse, because then you are breathing in all the vapours without realising it. At least with the regular systems you know the problem is there so you can fix it, rather than ignoring it.

Last edited:
Vapours (we don't produce fumes in the nail industry) are heavier than air so your ventilation should be at floor level and can be as simple as a vent axia installed there to allow air to circulate. I had two in my salon and it kept things fresh.

The other thing you can do is to empty your metal bin 2-3 times per day or between clients so there is even less chance of a build up of any odour. Metal bins are great, but every time you open them you fill the air with vapours. Empty regularly and you will be fine along witht he vent axia which is not expensive to instal.

Vapours (we don't produce fumes in the nail industry) are heavier than air so your ventilation should be at floor level and can be as simple as a vent axia installed there to allow air to circulate. I had two in my salon and it kept things fresh.

The other thing you can do is to empty your metal bin 2-3 times per day or between clients so there is even less chance of a build up of any odour. Metal bins are great, but every time you open them you fill the air with vapours. Empty regularly and you will be fine along witht he vent axia which is not expensive to instal.

Ok thanx very much....im not even sure yet if any of the walls of the room actually have anything behind...ive got a funny feeling theres a building attached tbh but will know more next week...but I will definately look into axia thanx x

Latest posts

Back