Verruca - client's child walked about with one on foot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adventuregirl

Reaction score
Hello

Yesterday I had 2 girls in for file and polishes with their mum. The eldest used my bathroom and removed her shoes as I work from home. I didn't ask her she just did it.

I did the youngest sister's nails first and when doing her toes, noticed she had a verruca on her toe. They said she had them often which I was annoyed they came in for a foot treatment as they are contagious. Anyway, she then wanted to go to the loo so her mum took her up. She jumped off the bed without shoes on and went to the toilet without shoes or covering her verruca. I was so taken aback but didn't say anything.

Then when doing the older sister's toes I noticed she also had a verruca! So 2 clients walking barefoot in the salon and my house.

I'm so worried as I have a baby crawling around and although I have mopped the floors I am worried about my carpets and how contagious these are.

Any suggestions? I'm so stressed :cry:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They are spread more from warm damp surfaces ie swimming pool spa areas and even then I don't think they ate as contagious as many people think.Im sure your carpets will be fine and go over your bathroom with a bit of bleach solution.

Thanks so much for your reply. I'll use bleach. Good idea xx

Hi,

I really wouldn't worry if you've mopped the floor. I agree they really aren't as contagious as people think. I've had a verucca on my foot for about 10 years (and had a plantar wart on my toe until last year) and no-one has ever caught it from me. Obviously I don't walk around with it exposed at swimming baths or anything, but realistically I do walk around mine and my mum's house barefoot, use the shower etc. My mum, dad, sister or husband have never caught it from me.

I believe that you may catch the virus and have it lay dormant in your body but it needs a trigger to actually pop a verucca or wart up.

Interestingly, a few weeks before I fell pregnant I was developing another verucca on my other foot but it disappeared as quickly as it came. A dermatologist told me that pregnancy often suppresses them, as it has an effect on the immune system.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll be fine :hug:

PS, I have had it frozen by doctors more times than I care to remember and also had electrolysis but it won't budge!

Thank you! I've been so worried about it as everything I read is 'highly contagious' and my wee one crawls everywhere!

Thanks for putting my mind at rest xx

Thank you! I've been so worried about it as everything I read is 'highly contagious' and my wee one crawls everywhere!

Thanks for putting my mind at rest xx

I've never heard of babies getting any kind of warts I would imagine as they are viral they have a certain immunity for a goo while when they are born and then often kids get warts and then they go,so few adults have warts and verrucaes although most of us have been exposed,Viruses are strange things.Verrucae can pop up again in adult hood in people with compromised immune systems.

Latest posts

Back