Very slow paraffin wax melting!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beau Chic

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone else have a problem with very slow melting of paraffin wax?
I have got a babyliss heater, it is several years old but I haven't used it much at all. However it takes over 2 hours to completly melt!!! I usually get my clients to dunk their hands or feet in but with an unmelted blob in the middle its really awkward. Its not always possible to put the heater on 3 hours before the treatment!!
I would like to paint it on but I don't think i was taught how to do this very well at college and it seemed really messy. (I was taught to pour melted wax into a foil lined contained and paint on with a brush but this seems really messy and its hard to get the wax off the brush afterwards) Any tips would be much appreciated!!

paraffin melts slowly because the heaters are set to a temp that will make it liquid but not burn the skin.

Personally I would never dip the hands or feet into the entire pot of wax unless you're getting rid of the wax that's in the heater. Not very sanitary otherwise. What I do is scoop some wax into a liner bag and then have client put hand/foot into bag. Smooth wax over hand/foot and then wrap bad with either a towel or put into mitten/bootie.

hth :)

I brush it on. My heater takes a while to melt the wax too but complete melting is not required when its being brushed on so after switching the unit on, I can be good to go in an hour.

I prefer the brush on method as it feels really lovely on the skin and I feel its a little more personal that telling the clients to dip their hands into the wax.

HTH's

How do you clean your brush? X

I just wait until the wax is dry on the brush and then peel as much off as possible before leaving the brush for a few mins in a cup of boiling hot water.

I read somewhere that coating your brush is olive oil prior to dipping into the wax prevent it from getting stuck on the bristles but I have not tried this x

How do you clean your brush? X

I have my heater on a timer so it is ready when I come into the salon.

My clients put their hands into the heater ... bacteria etc cannot live in the wax so it is perfectly safe.

Neither method is wrong, it's the indivudual's choice based on their research, advice, or preference.

xx

Last edited:

xx

That's a great idea!! That's the reason i cruz this forum so much, such great ideas. :) smile for you!!!

My clients put their hands into the heater ... bacteria etc cannot live in the wax so it is perfectly safe.

Neither method is wrong, it's the indivudual's choice based on their research, advice, or preference.

xx

absolutely you're right...Bacteria cannot live in the wax. However, viruses can, like the one that produces Plantar Warts (human papillomavirus).

This is just what was given to me as guidelines from my provincial health board. So it may not be up-to-date acurate....but I still scoop into the bags instead of dip....better safe than sorry :)

Thank you for your response.

We are all entitled to do, and should do, what we think is right.

xx

Latest posts

Back