Vinylux colour examples/pops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started a thread in the Vinylux group today with a request for pics as there is only one in there at the moment, which surprised me. It's still the only one there when I checked just now too.

I think a lot of people use their phone for salon geek. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get on the groups of our mobile x

I think a lot of people use their phone for salon geek. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get on the groups of our mobile x

If you can I don't know how to find them lol

With regards to brushes. When CND Shellac first came out my rosebud had a slightly shorts brush similar to the one in the base coat. I believe it's just a mix up on the production stage and the shorter brushes are find to use.

But what if I can get every last drop out I hear you cry???
When it comes to the end if you put the flatter part of the bottle in the palm of your hand and tilt it slightly you will be able to get every last drop!!
But with the price if CND Vinylux I'm sure you'll get more than the recommended cost per service just like you do with CND Shellac. If I reach my CPS and get a few more out I'm happy I'm not fighting with that little notation the bottom it looks unprofessional and I can't be bothered! Lol

Has anyone got a good alternative to Hotski, it's my most popular summer colour and my old polish is unusable now and not everyone wants shellac.

Karaxxx

I was really disappointed that Hotsski isn't available. I wonder why?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367741819.114913.jpg
Grape Gum, slapped on before I ran out the door. Still glossy 4 days later

I'm sporting a cocktail manicure today!

Left hand: Bicycle Yellow & Blue Rapture

Right hand: Grape Gum & Limeade

It goes on beautifully, I heard that some were struggling with the Bicycle Yellow? Mine is lovely, all the colours are a dream to apply... I think we've been spoilt by Shellac and the likes and have lost our polishing touch! We don't want thin to win any more, LOAD THAT BRUSH and get it covered ;)

Xxx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367744204.594715.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367744204.594715.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 1,711
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367744248.712757.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367744248.712757.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 1,420
This reminds me why I shouldn't do my feet late at night and when very tired... Will do it neater later but off out soon.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 714
I'm sporting a cocktail manicure today!

Left hand: Bicycle Yellow & Blue Rapture

Right hand: Grape Gum & Limeade

It goes on beautifully, I heard that some were struggling with the Bicycle Yellow? Mine is lovely, all the colours are a dream to apply... I think we've been spoilt by Shellac and the likes and have lost our polishing touch! We don't want thin to win any more, LOAD THAT BRUSH and get it covered ;)

Xxx

Well, CND are still advising 'thin to win, with VINYLUX so I think we should stick to that protocol .....

However, thin to win does not mean to skimp and run out of the polish in your brush. Your brush should have enough on it to cover the whole nail with colour without having to dip back in the bottle or having the polish run all over the surface and into the nail grooves. If you can do that, then the thinness will be right ... Not too thin, and not too thick.

This reminds me why I shouldn't do my feet late at night and when very tired... Will do it neater later but off out soon.

Hi, Where did you get your little colour pops for the lid of the bottles, Love them.

hy6a9y6u.jpg

Please don't mind the imperfections, I don't have a steady hand when doing myself. This was playing around with some glitters and additives. Did on Friday and still going strong. I love rock royalty!!

Well, CND are still advising 'thin to win, with VINYLUX so I think we should stick to that protocol .....

However, thin to win does not mean to skimp and run out of the polish in your brush. Your brush should have enough on it to cover the whole nail with colour without having to dip back in the bottle or having the polish run all over the surface and into the nail grooves. If you can do that, then the thinness will be right ... Not too thin, and not too thick.

Oh absolutely, I didn't mean "slap it on and hope for the best"!

With Shellac I tend to squeegee it off the nail on the first coat and float the second. With Vinylux you can't squeegee, it dries so quickly that you get streaks. Shellac is so forgiving, you can play with it and you know it allows you to. Vinylux forces you to know how much you need on your brush to cover that nail without grabbing more from the bottle. I love it!

Xxx

These are 3 of mine. :D

Bloodline.jpg

Burnt Romance.jpg

Night Glimmer.jpg

Hi, does anyone know if you could put a glitter coat over the top? Would you put it before the top coat as with norm nail varnish or might this affect the performance?
Xx

Hi, does anyone know if you could put a glitter coat over the top? Would you put it before the top coat as with norm nail varnish or might this affect the performance?
Xx

Yes you can use glitter and additives with Vinylux whilst it's still wet, but you don't burnish it in - sprinkle it on/dip your nail in, tap off excess and press in gently, then topcoat :)

Xxx

Hi, sorry, I meant a glitter nail varnish rather than glitter additive. X

These lovely nails belong to Ruth one of the fab CND educators, who I spent today with amongst others as went for a visit and had an amazing time as always. Love the colour to amazing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 984
I have that on its beautiful wish they did it in shellac x oh and I love that cnd case

These lovely nails belong to Ruth one of the fab CND educators, who I spent today with amongst others as went for a visit and had an amazing time as always. Love the colour to amazing.

Haha I saw your user name and then the pic and took me 2 mins to figure out what was happening as I didn't read what you out but knew they were our Ruth's hands! Lol

Haha I saw your user name and then the pic and took me 2 mins to figure out what was happening as I didn't read what you out but knew they were our Ruth's hands! Lol

lol bet that threw you totally, Ruth's nails are quite recognisable and fab :) just had to take a photo of the colour it's so awesome (won't put up the first pic lol, Ruth will be laughing when she reads that as she knows why haha)

Latest posts

Back