Vinylux colours that fade

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C the Results

Reaction score
I am starting this thread as I have just received a message from a client that has had Vinylux Gotcha on her toes for 2 weeks and they have faded and gone white in the sun, she has not been swimming or in chlorinated water at all, I have called S2 and asked about this and been told that it is a weekly polish which i understand is fine for fingers but my clients are not going to pay to have their toes done weekly!! S2 do not have a list of colours that fade in the sun and in order to avoid complaints I would like to be able to advise them, I myself have had Tutti Frutti on my toes for the past 2 weeks and its fine no fading at all, has anyone else had any reports of any colours that have faded? I love vinylux and just want to be able to advise my clients xx

I would also like to no this, I'm yet to stock up on my vinylux x

I'm not sure if this applies to the polishes as well, but it is a known issue that pink shades are unstable, and tend to fade in the sun. They don't necessarily have to have gone through swims and chlorine for this to happen. I've warned a few of my clients who had their nails done with Shellac last week in pink shades about this as they told me they were off to a sunny destination. I suppose it's worth letting your clients know about it with vinylux as well as shellac if this is happening.

So far so good, we haven't had anyone complain about any fading but under extremes any polish can fade.

We don't get many extremes in the UK and I would say you are safe to get any colours you like.

You can always advise your clients when they are choosing a colour, That it is the palest colours that tend to fade under extreme circumstances with any brand of polish .. Makes sense ... The more highly pigmented the polish the less they are going to be affected by too much sun, chlorine, or solvents.

Latest posts

Back