Vinylux not living up to hype, in my opinion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I have 2 questions: what happens if u use regular top coat? Does the colour still work but not for as long? Also, is anyone retailing polish? How much for and do clients need to buy topcoat also? Thanks

Jeez, I can't keep up with demand for retailing it!
I've sold so many polishes now it's unreal. I have a big basket of them (still waiting for the double rack to come in), and when my clients are having their treatments they're having a jolly old rummage around.
Yesterday I did shellac fingers and toes to one lady and she bought 5 polishes and a top coat. Later I did a Vinylux toes and she bought 2 colours and a top coat. I never thought I'd sell the Limeade and now I have 2 people on the Call Me list!
Yes, people DO need to buy the topcoat; it's a "system". CND will have spent millions of dollars on R & D to create it; I have utter faith in their expertise!

Great thanks. How much shud they be retailed for? Also how much shud solar oil be sold for, not the small pinkie bottle, the next size up similar to polish size?

I retail mine at £10 each, or £17 for a top coat and colour.
Solar Oil retails at about £12, if I recall correctly!

I retail mine at £10 each, or £17 for a top coat and colour.
Solar Oil retails at about £12, if I recall correctly!

Lynne's right and remember is just a RRP... Recommended Retail Price... You normally take the trade price, add your VAT and times by 2... We are 'recommending' £9.95 for both Vinylux colour coats and £9.95 for V Weekly Wear Top... But to get the wear the customer needs to buy the top in the beginning... Then she can keep adding the colours so its good to do a 'deal' for the colour and top initially. SolarOil RRP is £11.95 for the .5oz...

To Sophs999... Answer... Yes you could use a different top coat but no you won't get the longevity... It's a system. hope that helps x

You normally take the trade price, add your VAT and times by 2...

I got my wrists slapped (methaphorically speaking!) by geeg yesterday for saying this on the forum!!! *confused*

Lynne's right and remember is just a RRP... Recommended Retail Price... You normally take the trade price, add your VAT and times by 2... We are 'recommending' £9.95 for both Vinylux colour coats and £9.95 for V Weekly Wear Top... But to get the wear the customer needs to buy the top in the beginning... Then she can keep adding the colours so its good to do a 'deal' for the colour and top initially. SolarOil RRP is £11.95 for the .5oz...

To Sophs999... Answer... Yes you could use a different top coat but no you won't get the longevity... It's a system. hope that helps x

Sam, do you know when we can expected certain colours to be back in stock? x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Sam, do you know when we can expected certain colours to be back in stock? x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek
Andrea, I honest to god wish I could tell you... the amounts we put in a year ago are huge but they are arriving in what I can only describe as dribs and drabs. There are 11 colours we're awaiting and EVERYTHING is being aired (as opposed to shipped) in so when it's made available, it's a plane journey, customs check, into the warehouse, counted in, put on stock situation. As I type there are colours being put onto stock so keep checking the S2 website. Really sorry I can't be more specific...:irked::o

Andrea, I honest to god wish I could tell you... the amounts we put in a year ago are huge but they are arriving in what I can only describe as dribs and drabs. There are 11 colours we're awaiting and EVERYTHING is being aired (as opposed to shipped) in so when it's made available, it's a plane journey, customs check, into the warehouse, counted in, put on stock situation. As I type there are colours being put onto stock so keep checking the S2 website. Really sorry I can't be more specific...:irked::o

No worries Sam, thanks for explaining. I'll keep checking back and keep my fingers crossed! x

Well I am seeing him Friday so watch this space!!!! :Kissing:

Hopefully this will work - Masquerade in CND Shellac and Vinylux!!! :D:Look_left

Attachments

• Sweet with Eddie Izzard wearing Masquerade CND Shellac on his world tour..jpg
    Sweet with Eddie Izzard wearing Masquerade CND Shellac on his world tour..jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 988
Fab picture Mrs Geek! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hopefully this will work - Masquerade in CND Shellac and Vinylux!!! :D:Look_left

Oh I love him :D Was he totally lovely? On second thoughts, I don't want to know just in case he wasn't.

Thanks for the pic :)

I have had gelish on my nails for months and am very used to the look and feel of having it on. Tried vinylux on me tonight instead and whilst I expect it to feel different, I feel it's not really that shiny. I did all the correct prep, 2 coats of colour and then the top coat. Maybe it's just because gelish is so shiny and I'm not used to wearing polish, but has anyone else found this?

Um, Vinylux is a POLISH, not a gel/SOG/power polish.
It's not trying to be anything other than a long lasting, super quick drying polish!
Not everyone is able/willing to wear a Gelish/Shellac product on their nails and if you sell it to them as such all parties will be disappointed.
Market it as a quick drying, long last polish and everyone will be happy.

I have had gelish on my nails for months and am very used to the look and feel of having it on. Tried vinylux on me tonight instead and whilst I expect it to feel different, I feel it's not really that shiny. I did all the correct prep, 2 coats of colour and then the top coat. Maybe it's just because gelish is so shiny and I'm not used to wearing polish, but has anyone else found this?

I tried it on myself the other day too and found this :( love the drying time though it's fab.

But I only really do the odd polish nowadays. I have one client who has a French polish with me because she always raves about how shiny it is when I do it (just regular polish). So thought I'd buy a few Vinylux to do her a lovely shiny french polish that will dry super quick (as everyone had said how super shiny it is and it had a mirror shine to it). Tried it on myself the other night and was really disappointed with the shine.

I'll give it a go on her and see if she comments, but I think she may be a little disappointed with the shine. :(

I'll act very positive about it and explain how fab the drying time is :) I won't even mention the shine ;) xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I tried it on myself the other day too and found this :( love the drying time though it's fab.

But I only really do the odd polish nowadays. I have one client who has a French polish with me because she always raves about how shiny it is when I do it (just regular polish). So thought I'd buy a few Vinylux to do her a lovely shiny french polish that will dry super quick (as everyone had said how super shiny it is and it had a mirror shine to it). Tried it on myself the other night and was really disappointed with the shine.

I'll give it a go on her and see if she comments, but I think she may be a little disappointed with the shine. :(

I'll act very positive about it and explain how fab the drying time is :) I won't even mention the shine ;) xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Glad it's not just me!

I really love the quick drying aspect however it's no where near as shiny as using my Seche Vite top coat! :/

Girls... I can understand comparing gel polish with another gel polish for shine, but why are we comparing normal polish ie Vinyluix to a gel polish? I am a CND Shellac girl and I use Brisa Lite Smoothing gel underneath for longevity. I love the shine of Shellac and it compares to nothing else.

Vinylux is a POLISH!!! It has a great shine for polish but it is impossible to compare the shine to the likes of Gelish or any nother gel polish??? It's a completely different product? Am I missing something here? Please tell me if I am?:irked:

I wasn't comparing vinylux to a gel polish, I was trying to explain that I'm used to wearing gel polish and felt that vinylux didn't have as high a shine as gel and wondered whether maybe I had done something wrong. I've always used seche vite over polish on my clients and it has a lovely shine, I was just concerned that I didn't seem to get the same affect with vinylux. It's a fab product, I'm not knocking it, it just has a different shine to what I'm used to

Latest posts

Back