Vinylux not living up to hype, in my opinion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First time I used it , I got 4 days. Second time, I had some wear at tips but no chips and it was on for 8 days. So I like it so far.

My husband took me to Rome for a few days, I got 5 days not a chip in sight I didn't even get that from shellac lol I am awful so clumsy x

My hands didn't last long because my cousin begged for a shellac and being the nail angel I am, I sacrificed my nails for hers lol.

However my toes still look absolutely fantastic! I loved the coverage. Its been on for almost 4 weeks and has worn better than any polish I've used before.

I had my big toe nail removed when I was young so now it is just a dip with skin and a corner of nail. I always polish to match and I usually get a week, but Vinylux is still perfect :) xx

Sent from my HTC One X+ using SalonGeek

Vinylux is my new best friend... Everyone I have done have had exceptional wear. Yesterday I saw two people who I had vinyluxed 15 days previous - and only one tiny chip each - one had actually done a lot of gardening too.

This is weird but I am feeling that when I do Vinylux they are lasting as well as when I do shellac. Maybe its because I struggle with shellac and am now confident with vinylux.

I feel I have actually found a nail product I can use confidently.

as said its not for everyone....ive had great results i have to say not just with clients but on myself, clients are getting more than the 7 days, in fact one has got 11 days and she has 5 children!! Even on myself this week which has been one of my busiest weeks EVER ive been wearing it and yes the odd bit has come off when handling acetone etc but in general has been pretty good. Id say try a few more people and hope for better results. Can i just add the top coat takes some getting used to ive found and needs to be more floated on than painted on so maybe try different things out on yourself too xx

One of my clients got 16 days out of it! Amazing. She wore Shellac for the same amount of time too and she's quite an active lady.

Xx

Can I ask if you ladies are trying it out on natural nails or over Brisa lite etc? Do the differing bases affect the durability? :)

Can I ask if you ladies are trying it out on natural nails or over Brisa lite etc? Do the differing bases affect the durability? :)

My reply was for natural nails, I haven't tried it over Brisa Lite yet :)

Xxx

Mine are all natural nails too.

x

My first application lasted 3 days which is a miracle for me, its normally 1/2 a day if that as I am hand heavy with work, domestic, gardening, crafting etc. It only chipped a teeny weeny line at the free edge on 3 nails so for my new application I double capped the freeedge, so will see what happens this time. I prefer a polish to Shellac as I get bored so easily and if I had the time would be changing up my colour every 3-4 days anyway!

It is what it is...a polish that is completely dry in 8.5 minutes.

I have had reasonable results from it, but it isn't a gel polish and I don't expect it to act like one ;)

I think it is a great retail item, but in my business I don't do a lot of retail, my clients want me to paint their nails and they like 2 to 3 weeks wear so Shellac and Gelish are what they want.
Where it comes into its own for me is for some clients who work in the nearby hospital to get a polish in a manicure that won't smudge before they get home, and they can remove themselves when they are due back at work.
It is also great to quickly do my sisters nails if we ever get a simultaneous gap at work, and she can show off a colour in the main salon, the only downside to that is she is my worst client for chipping but Vinylux lasted 5 days on her, so still a winner in my books!

My client had blsg under her Vinylux and she got 8 days wear with one chip. She's so happy with her nails, she's coming back!

my replies were for natural nails only, i havent tried it over enhancements yet x

Having a quiet week this week for a change! . .so decided to give VINYLUX a go as I don't have as many manis and pedis in this week. It's been 4 days so far and no chips! Must have just been my friends nails being of the peely kind!

I think it is to do with the nail condition, I have peely nails and it lasts 3 days before it chips only on one finger on each hand though, they rest of my nails last ages! x

I think it is to do with the nail condition, I have peely nails and it lasts 3 days before it chips only on one finger on each hand though, they rest of my nails last ages! x

You're exactly right Amy - the better the nail plate the better it lasts... we are having terrific feedback from it and the Beauty Directors LOVED it. Eddie Izzard loves it as he had his make-up artist email me; the session teks are loving it because of the dry time so great for shoots too! :D:Look_left

I've just had one if my ladies call me to say how chuffed she is with her Vinylux. Masquerade has been on for 8 days and is still perfect :)
Vicki x

Just got my set today and only painted it on to colour pops so far but how long should be left in between coats?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

You're exactly right Amy - the better the nail plate the better it lasts... we are having terrific feedback from it and the Beauty Directors LOVED it. Eddie Izzard loves it as he had his make-up artist email me; the session teks are loving it because of the dry time so great for shoots too! :D:Look_left

Awesome! I love Eddie and he looks so good with make up on. Can we get a quote for our Vinylux campaigns?! :D

Awesome! I love Eddie and he looks so good with make up on. Can we get a quote for our Vinylux campaigns?! :D

Well I am seeing him Friday so watch this space!!!! :Kissing:

Latest posts

Back