Vinylux not living up to hype, in my opinion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I removed Vinylux yesterday that had been on for 15 days :)

She was thrilled and it encouraged her to try Shellac (for the endless nail art possibilities).

Xxx

Girls... I can understand comparing gel polish with another gel polish for shine, but why are we comparing normal polish ie Vinyluix to a gel polish? I am a CND Shellac girl and I use Brisa Lite Smoothing gel underneath for longevity. I love the shine of Shellac and it compares to nothing else.

Vinylux is a POLISH!!! It has a great shine for polish but it is impossible to compare the shine to the likes of Gelish or any nother gel polish??? It's a completely different product? Am I missing something here? Please tell me if I am?:irked:

I wasn't comparing it to Gel polish either ;) I was comparing it to my standard polish top coat. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I was just personally disappointed with the shine that's all ;) I will still use it for speed ;) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

I would go the other way regarding the shine of VINYLUX, I think it's got a beautiful shine to it,so much so that one client on a night out was asked by friends if she was actually wearing shellac!! At the event I'm sure we were told that nothing would achieve the mirror like finish of shellac, but I think VINYLUX comes extremely close!!

Wrote to one of my healthy nail clients the other day to see how she got on with it and she replied, loved the colour! - however it was flaking off after 3 days :(

my clients don't seem to be too impressed with it the mo. I am yet to find one that can make it last longer than 3 days and yes I always throughrally prep! Scrub fresh all the way & recommend oil application daily etc.

I'm having issues with dullness and scratches. It wears for days but does not have a nice shine to it and seems to scratch easily and looks dull over time. The initial shine is substandard. Am I missing something here? I love Shellac and it's high gloss shine. I don't expect the same shine but a dull look will not impress my clients.

I'm finding the shines lasts much better on feet than hands

I think if there re issues with shine it would be worth looking at your application of top coat and ensuring you are applying enough and floating it over the nail, not pulling it. There's nothing substandard about it, it wouldn't of been such a huge hit if there was anything less than the usual outstanding quality from CND.

Vinylux has, and continues to be, massive here and one of the fab things is ease of application, shorter service time, longevity of product and the beautiful finish. It is not the same as Shellac and it doesn't pretend to be...saying that there is still a great shine off it and I've been hard pressed to tell the difference sometimes between Shellac & Vinylux when I have seen it on our customers coming into the Sweet Shop.

I also think we need to be looking at the natural nail beneath, any ridges, uneven surface will affect the light reflection so I know on myself Brisa Lite Smoothing gives me a far better base than my own natural nails which aren't great. Thin coat of BL Smoothing and I can change my colours every week so quickly and still have a perfect nail surface to work from.

I love vinylux, for me! I love that i can easily remove it and re apply every week because my nails grow so fast shellac sometimes looks really grown out on me after a week, also i hate when my toes & nails dont match so i can match them up now every week! I tried it on a client last week over her acrylics as she has to top up her varnish herself after a couple of weeks because she is heavy handed, so im excited to see if this lasts her 3 weeks!!

I love the shine? Haven't had any issues, since the 2nd application. It is a little different than reg polish or shellac to apply. I had long natural nails and my nails curl at the edges and polish always pops off. For 10 days it stayed on with no chips. This is my current Vinyl set :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371043345.842343.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371043345.842343.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 289
I tried Vinylux in Negligee on my sister and it's lasted really well. Applied it last Thursday and it only started looking like it needed re-doing yesterday. She works on tills as well and stacking shelves etc. Whereas for me it only lasted a few days before peeling but due to the nature of my work, washing up etc :( I am impressed with it though. Using it to practice on family at the moment and I like it.

This is me in Hot Pop Pink Vinylux over BL Smoothing. I think the shine is fab!!! xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371155249.242170.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1371155249.242170.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 555
I brought Vinylux intro kit last week. Haven't used it on anyone yet as nearly all my clients are for Shellac. Tonight I chipped my nail. As I do not like walking round with a chipped nail, I removed my Wildfire Shellac and have replaced it with Vinylux Wildfire! Wow, 8.5 minutes? I think it was completely dry before that. Fantastic! So impressed, wished I had a 'normal' manicure booked in!!!!x

My 9 yr old daughter has had it on for a week and a half & she has just got 2 with chips in that happened today! ! She loved that it was dry so quick & that it has looked fab until today

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I think im doing something wrong.... it doesn't dry fast enough for me? I'm not sure if I'm applying too thick maybe? Oh and my right hand keeps chipping cause of work :( easy to repair though which is good :)

The shine is ok, dulls down after a few days though. I think I need my shellac back! Vinylux is definitely not for my fingers unfortunately but that's ok cause its lasted fantastically on my toes and is perfect for me since I can't get round to shellacing fingers and toes very often meaning they don't match...but now, they will! :D x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I now have friends of those who bought Vinylux coming in asking to buy the Shellac nail polish.. Lol

A week ago today I applied Vinylux in Red Baroness to one nail of our full time stock room manager/general lifter and layer/manual labor guy at The Centre Edinburgh. Appart from growth and a teeny bit wear on the extension edge it's still perfect.
This week he's unpacked and shelved, picked and re-packed many big orders, transported and fitted a washing machine and tumble dryer as well as all his usual work which includes a lot of typing. He's really quite proud of himself. Who knew the exceptional wear of Vinylux could make a boy feel this good? :)
picture.php

A week ago today I applied Vinylux in Red Baroness to one nail of our full time stock room manager/general lifter and layer/manual labor guy at The Centre Edinburgh. Appart from growth and a teeny bit wear on the extension edge it's still perfect.
This week he's unpacked and shelved, picked and re-packed many big orders, transported and fitted a washing machine and tumble dryer as well as all his usual work which includes a lot of typing. He's really quite proud of himself. Who knew the exceptional wear of Vinylux could make a boy feel this good? :)
picture.php

Wow! He has great nails ;-)

Wow! He has great nails ;-)

That was my first thought and I had to read the word 'guy' twice!

Lovely example and it's great when the boys want to help out like this. :)

My 9 yr old daughter has had it on for a week and a half & she has just got 2 with chips in that happened today! ! She loved that it was dry so quick & that it has looked fab until today

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek

I applied VINYLUX in rock royalty to my 6 year old and she got 5 days before her first chip which I thought was amazing considering she normally eats off 'normal' polish in the space of a couple of hours!!!!!! Again the shine of it was fab which she kept mentioning along with full comentary of how they'd not chipped!!!!!

Latest posts

Back