Virgin Waxer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nettie1

Reaction score
Hi Folks, Not been on for a while so just thought i'd pop in and say hi:).

I had a 1/2 leg wax and where the hair were really strong, it took me a couple of attempts to get the hairs out, but even then alot of hairs were left on my clients legs. I felt terrible leaving my client with so many hairs, she said that she didn't mind, and has rebook, but i feel terrible. I would of been there all day if i was to give a perfect finish. Any tips???

Hi hunny

Don't let it get to you! Some people have strong hair and if it was her first wax then I'm not surprised there were some hairs left (I try to get some of the more obvious ones out with tweezers) , there's only so much hair you can pull out without causing pain and trauma to the client. Also she has rebooked so that's got to be good?

Sorry I don't have any other constructive advice, maybe someone else will come and tell us if there is anything alse that could've been done.

xx

Can you explain why it wasn't coming out and we might be able to help. I wax men all day and I don't have any trouble getting their hair out, so I don't understand why is wouldn't come out, just because it was strong.

Was it too short for waxing? xxx

Hi Folks, Not been on for a while so just thought i'd pop in and say hi:).

I had a 1/2 leg wax and where the hair were really strong, it took me a couple of attempts to get the hairs out, but even then alot of hairs were left on my clients legs. I felt terrible leaving my client with so many hairs, she said that she didn't mind, and has rebook, but i feel terrible. I would of been there all day if i was to give a perfect finish. Any tips???

Regardless of hair type it takes 3 to 4 waxes 4 weeks apart for the hair to come completely out and the legs to be smooth. To expect a perfectly smooth finish on a first time client simply won't happen and explaining that to your client before you wax them will save you this anguish. Waxing is always better down the road then it is the first time. The most reactions happen at the beginning so it is a long term project, not a one time deal.

Was there a large area of hairs remaining hun, or just a fwe sparse one's that did not want to budge

Often you find if some one has used the old razer allot, the hairs can be quite stubborn, also the fact this was there first time waxing makes the job some what harder. But by the second and third treatment (as long as they have not faffed with them it should be relitevly plain sailing)

Some times if i have some hairs that have not budged first go, i re apply and go the oposite direction. If this does not work, do not panick, cleanse the area and grab the old tweezers and take them few out. ( remember next time this will not be the case)

Always remember though hun, if you have re aplied and the hair is still there do not keep going over with wax or you will start taking skin( u probably no this already but some newbies may not) Eyebrows i never re - apply as the skin is so thin and fragile ( Some one did mine once, put the wax on, re applied and wow i had scabbs to die for mm)

Any how, if you struggled with the entire area, then this could be technique or application of wax. If the wax is to thick or sets up to quick this can cause the issues you are describing. Plus the hairy lady or any medical problems such as ovarion cysts can all influence the hair growth.

Just remember always apply a very thin layer, hold the skin not the body and always remove in direction of hair growth, unless wax wont come off or hairs and you can go agaoinst. When taking off the strip do so as close and as fast to the skin as you can, leaving a silky smooth finish

HTH hun, sorry if i have gone over stuff you already are well aware of, just like to go into a bit more detail incase students are reading:hug:

Can i just say, going against hair growth is not recommended unless like i have said above, the wax sets up and will not come off even when more wax has been applied over the set area, and for those stubborn hairs that will not shift because they are growing each and every way, hence why they have not come out in usually application method

Last edited:
How long was the hair ?

I have a couple of clients with seriously strong hair, they were all new to waxing and having encountered clients before with a very strong hair growth I knew it would not be a perfect result first time so I explained beforehand that there may be some hair left over (which I would tweeze out) and it was going to take quite a few waxes before there was a considerable difference.

I think its coming up to a year now for these clients since they started having their legs waxed and the difference is very noticable they have both gone from every 4 wks to 6 - 7 wks and the hair is finer than it was (although one still has a stubborn patch!)

I do a lot of leg waxing and its not very often I get clients with a v. strong hair growth but I enjoy seeing the results when I do have clients like this.

I do think it is important to stress to these clients that it may not be a perfect result first time and they must continue to have the waxing so that they don't go away thinking the therapist was rubbish, which they will if its not explained to them.

Just to add I find clients with strong hair growth benefit more when the hair is that little bit longer. When I was training I had a lady with really thick hair and what was probably only a weeks growth come in for an assessment...........not one single hair came out !!! It was my fault as I should of known it was to short but I thought id have a go anyway !

This might seem silly but as your a new waxer how are you at following the direction of the hair growth?
On some clients legs the hair can still grow in different directions making it difficult to catch it all.
When starting out try looking carefully at the growth, working in small sections, applying the wax in the same direction of growth and removing the strip in the opposite direction.

Sorry if this seems obvious as you might know all this already! :green:

Latest posts

Back