Vitagel - pricing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharny

Reaction score
What is everyone thinking of charging for the new Vitagel's? Are you going to charge more if used in conjunction with gelish, being as you would be replacing the foundation gel?

Would you charge less for someone who just had vitagel on its own with maybe TIO or nail polish?

I'm still umming and arghing as to whether to purchase these products yet, i'm thinking they might be good for my own nails as my gelish lasts for ages and I get bored with the colour lol but if I could have the strength of gelish and just use nail polish now and again or even just clear, this would mean I could change colour more often?:confused:

I plan on marketing it as an additional option in any of my manicure treatments as opposed to a base coat.

I have been advised that your gelish manicure won't last the distance if you replace foundation with vitagel so I won't be offering this to clients.

Gelish
or Vitagel with optional polish

I think I will charge an addition £3-5 for the vitagel if it passes my "self trials"
:)

Thanks for the reply, If it affects the longevity of gelish, I don't really see the point in it then! It states on the Nail Harmony website "Helps Gelish and Nail Lacquer resist chipping for extended wear" It also states this on the leaflet I have been sent!

It sounds like it's more of a manicure treatment for those that don't want gelish. :sad: I don't stock any nail polishes at all as all my client's love gelish.

I do however do a manicure on client's wanting a break in between Gelish applications, so I suppose I could offer it to them at that point as a strengthener, the problem is though, they might then prefer to have that, as it would be cheaper than gelish and most of my client's are real penny pinchers lol :biggrin:

I was thinking about offering it purely as a nail strengthener, maybe doing a price for a course of 6 appointments?

I'm not 100% about using it under Gelish as I agree the information is a little contradicting there. Before I offer that I will trial it.

I plan to market it as a manicure to help damaged nails, but not offer colour with it. I have in the past had quite a few clients who's nails are damaged (not from me :)) and have just wanted a clear on for a few weeks to keep them that bit stronger while they grow out. I'm guessing this would cater for that market.

I agree, I think I will also offer it as an addo on to a normal manicure as I have a few client's who can't wear Gelish for various reasons and I think this would suit them down to the ground and give me an alternative service to offer to those who don't want Gelish or a Colour! Result :D x

Who says it affects the longevity of Gelish? And why?

I am using the strengthener as a trial at the moment, had on nearly one week with a colour on top and it has not affected the colour no peeling, chipping flaking and my nails do feel stronger. Also trialling this on my mum as she suffers with arthritis and her nails are always breaking etc and so far she says she no longer wants the foundation base. I'd recommend trying before listening to others who may not of tries it yet x
HTH

Who says it affects the longevity of Gelish? And why?

Harmony staff at Pro Beauty in Manchester couple of weeks ago told me that it doesn't last as long: as it is designed to be used as a course of 6 treatments with clients having it redone every 2 weeks.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Going back to original question has anyone been advised on how much extra to charge on a normal manicure for using vitagel, thanks in advance :)

Haven't been advised of pricing down to the individual I'm thinking of charging and extra £3.00 with a colour or a course of 6 treatments booked in one for £50. Or £10 for strengthener or recovery on their own.

Does this sound too cheap ??

Would u be doing a manicure with the vitagel if so think too cheap needs to be a charge added onto a service I think, so £3 looks fav, thanks for that :)

Would u be doing a manicure with the vitagel if so think too cheap needs to be a charge added onto a service I think, so £3 looks fav, thanks for that :)

Was going to push back cuticles clean nail plate etc and apply as in introductory at first as the bottle is approx 67 applications even at £10 for clients 'to catch the bug' so to speak that's still 67 ( in theory) x £10 ;-)xx

How is everyone getting on with the vitagel I'm thinking of investing! I have some clients with brittle nails, their having the Gelish and its not lasting as their nails are snapping! Has anyone completed a course of vitagel yet?? What are the results? X

Can anyone tell me how their getting on? X

When I spoke to Nail Harmony they said it isn't suitable for everybody.

You can use 2 coats of Vitagel.

I can't see how it is different than using the Structure gel which is great.

If I were to get it I don't think I would charge any more than the extra £2 I charge when I include Structure gel but if it is to be used in place of Foundation it isn't right to charge any more as we would be tailoring it to the individual client as we do with Bio Sculpture.

Looking forward to hearing from others who have used it & their opinions

Im not going tk change my pricing. I tested out Vitagel recovery on my self and it lasted over two weeks. I soaked off my acrylics (my nails were paper thin) i prepped, use ph then one coat of vitagel, 2 coats Gelish, 1 coat top it off. None of my nails broke no peeling & no chipping. Friday i just put on another set this time i put Structure on top of vitagel then colors & top. Three days & no problems so far

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using SalonGeek

Do you charge £2 in total for adding Structure gel to your clients nails? and is this to all of them? x

Hi all do you have to dry wipe the vitagel when applying a colour over the top? X

Latest posts

Back