Vitagel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choochy Face

Reaction score
Hiya guys
I've got vita gel just wondering I got client who's got poorly nails so do I just do prep then put a thin layer on like foundation ? now I've heard that Gelish Colour doesn't last , so can I just put normal polish over top ? An Would I still wipe the tackiness of before applying polish then top coat hope this make sense my lovelys xx

Hiya guys
I've got vita gel just wondering I got client who's got poorly nails so do I just do prep then put a thin layer on like foundation ? now I've heard that Gelish Colour doesn't last , so can I just put normal polish over top ? An Would I still wipe the tackiness of before applying polish then top coat hope this make sense my lovelys xx

You apply one thin layer and then second normal layer, dry wipe and then Gelish colour over the top.

Where did you hear that Gelish colour doesn't last long? My clients get 2-3 weeks and I'm sure trained other Gelish techs experience the same.

I suppose you would have to cleanse the second layer of Vitagel if you then applied normal polish, but personally I can't see the point as you would need normal polish drying time.

Mine lasts a long time with Vitagel! I'm not sure why people were having those issues. I just removed mine last night and I applied it a week and half ago. I only removed it because I wanted to change the colour but there were no signs of lifting, peeling, etc..

I read it on hear saying only lasts 7-9 days
I will try it Tuesday then thanks guys

You apply one thin layer and then second normal layer, dry wipe and then Gelish colour over the top.

Where did you hear that Gelish colour doesn't last long? My clients get 2-3 weeks and I'm sure trained other Gelish techs experience the same.

I suppose you would have to cleanse the second layer of Vitagel if you then applied normal polish, but personally I can't see the point as you would need normal polish drying time.

JuicyLucy do you do a layer of vitagel and then normal foundation or two layers of vitagel? I have been having problems with it peeling off myself and a few clients, I'm too nervous to use it on clients now.

JuicyLucy do you do a layer of vitagel and then normal foundation or two layers of vitagel? I have been having problems with it peeling off myself and a few clients, I'm too nervous to use it on clients now.

Just two layers of Vitagel, drywipe and apply the colour. The first layer should be thin and scrubbed in like Foundation and the second layer like normal colour coat.

I have used it on quite a few clients (and myself) and have nothing but good results with it. I've only tried the Strength and not Recovery.

And..i've only used recovery and have had no issues either. So, I think as long as you're properly prepping it should work just as good as foundation + gelish.

Just two layers of Vitagel, drywipe and apply the colour. The first layer should be thin and scrubbed in like Foundation and the second layer like normal colour coat.

I have used it on quite a few clients (and myself) and have nothing but good results with it. I've only tried the Strength and not Recovery.

Thank you, I'll try it with two coats. I have recovery but not strength.

Latest posts

Back