Wannabe Geek

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollyDaydream

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been looking at this site for a while now but didn't register until this week. I feel that I am a bit of a nail dunce at the moment to be honest! I went on an "Intensive" 2 day nail course nearly 2 years ago which covered gel, acrylic, fibreglass, silk wraps and sculpting :eek: (!!). I was left a bit scared after this course as I was overwhelmed by all of the different systems covered. I practised gel on family and friends but I then moved jobs and the nails took a bit of a back seat for a while (naughty!). I think I went into it all a bit naively and looking back I now realise that a 2 day course is nowhere near enough to teach me what I need to know to be good nail tech. I am starting again with a clean slate and really going to give it my best. I am now looking at doing an Essential Nails course to get me back into the swing of things with gel and acrylic. I am also speaking to Creative and will save up to go on a course with them too as I have seen from this site that they are highly recommended. :lol:

Creative are the very best you can get,
the essential nail course is not recognised by most other reputable nail training companies, so if you did their course you would still have to do a foundation course with the other companies,
you would save money by doing a course with a reputable company in the first place hun and not bother with the home learn courses hth

Hello All,

I have been looking at this site for a while now but didn't register until this week. I feel that I am a bit of a nail dunce at the moment to be honest! I went on an "Intensive" 2 day nail course nearly 2 years ago which covered gel, acrylic, fibreglass, silk wraps and sculpting :eek: (!!). I was left a bit scared after this course as I was overwhelmed by all of the different systems covered. I practised gel on family and friends but I then moved jobs and the nails took a bit of a back seat for a while (naughty!). I think I went into it all a bit naively and looking back I now realise that a 2 day course is nowhere near enough to teach me what I need to know to be good nail tech. I am starting again with a clean slate and really going to give it my best. I am now looking at doing an Essential Nails course to get me back into the swing of things with gel and acrylic. I am also speaking to Creative and will save up to go on a course with them too as I have seen from this site that they are highly recommended. :lol:
Welcome to the site hun!! I think Essential Nails is the only home learn course that allows you to get insurance but if you are saving to do Creative training then please don't waste your time with home learn as you could use that money to further your education with an additional Creative course. Let us all know what you decide to do and all the best with your training, its so exciting!!

Stephen

Thank you to you both for your advice! I will wait and train with Creative. I am practising with Extreme Powder Glaze at the moment so I can work to perfect this while I save for my Creative course.

Thanks again.

Thanks Jayne, yes, I've had a look at that thread and it will come in v. handy for me when the time is right :)

hi honey an welcome to the site i started with the en course but then decided to wait an save for my creative foundation course (im half way there lol) i practise most days and read as much as i can on here till i can afford the course so im still learning whilst saving! good luck in what you decide to do xxx:hug:

i think you have the right attitude.
i have students who have been on courses similar to your first one. they seem like they will teach you everything but in reality even the best trainer could never cover all that fully in 2 days.
these things take time and i think now you will go far as you seem to realise that.

Latest posts

Back