Want to Purchase Shellac but worried clients wont buy it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmaglover

Reaction score
hi

I want to purchase Shellac for my Salon but i am really worried about shelling out hundreds of punds and not getting any clients in for the treatment, can you help please

xx

Do not worry........it will make you hundreds of pounds in profit.......:hug:

I would not worry. It will soon become your best treatment! I don't know anyone that doesn't live shellac or that isn't hooked in it! X

It's a must to buy it. . It won't take long to before you see your intial outlay return plus lots more!!

I invested in Shellac a few months ago and was a bit sceptical about everyone saying people will want it. Believe me they do! I can't believe how often the phone rings for it. Most of my 'new' business at the moment is for shellac and regular clients are also trying it. I LOVE it!

I invested in Shellac a few months ago and was a bit sceptical about everyone saying people will want it. Believe me they do! I can't believe how often the phone rings for it. Most of my 'new' business at the moment is for shellac and regular clients are also trying it. I LOVE it!

So do I Redduck!

Hi, i invested in it a few months ago because i believed in it but where i am not many people have heard of it, i think you should advertise it and let people know how good it is. It also depends on where you live. If you have lots of clients then i would say its worth it. Good luck.

Purchase Shellac, get MORE clients. It IS that simple! :)

Should you invest in Shellac? Absolutely!!!!
The recession hit London City and Shellac increased our business, it took us from ticking over and head above water to increasing our clientèle and our profits.
We believed it would, we wore it, we told every body about it, we made them want it.
Word of mouth is a power tool, never under estimate your clients, when they love something they will tell everybody about it and where to get it.
It will target a corner of the market where Ladies never had a successful manicure, because they had to put their life on hold till their nails dried. They want pretty nails, but life gets in the way, shopping, getting the kids from school, rushing back to get the dinner ready or rushing back to work. No more waving their hands about trying to speed up the drying process and smudging and knocking them in the process.

So get Shellacin' and you will never look back!!!!

If you Shellac 'em, they WILL come. LOL! :)

Hi, i invested in it a few months ago because i believed in it but where i am not many people have heard of it, i think you should advertise it and let people know how good it is. It also depends on where you live. If you have lots of clients then i would say its worth it. Good luck.
If they haven't heard of Shellac .. in two weeks every friend of every woman who has worn it will be banging on your door.

You do not need to advertise this service as in ADVERTISE ... it speaks for it self and others speak for it and ANY natural nail manicure client you have will be raving about it.

Women have never had anything like it .. A manicure that doesn't mark or mar for more than 14 days. Are you kidding?? Zero drying time. What ? No, I don't believe it? I want it now! (just some of the typical remarks we get when we introduce the service to new ones.

WE only market Shellac directly to natural nail clients. Our enhancement clients are a wee bit jealous as we tell them it is really not for their enhanced nails but they can have the service along with their pedicures. The natural nail ladies feel quite special that it is 'just for them'. :green:

I mean absolute no offence when I say......

I'm shocked that you would even ask this question:lol:
because Shellac is so well known now, is all it would take is one or 2 clients and BANG!! Within a very short time, you have your money back cause you will have a book filling so quick that this will scare you more than not being able to sell the service.
This is all providing you use the FULL Shellac product line, incl the correct CND lamp, don't mix and max with different base coats etc. If you use it exactly how it's meant to be used....Phew! It will blow your clients minds I reckon!!!:)

Even for myself, I don't use CND (yet) but I am in the planning stages of converting over to using Shellac, cause it just sells itself thanks to it being such a great product and thanks to CND's great marketing.

Over 2 thirds of my appointments are now Shellac, and this is becoming more every month. I have now got more regular clients because the clients who would never want enhancements love shellac and they come to me every 2-3 weeks, whereas before they would just come to me every now and then for a manicure. Getting Shellac is the best thing ever!

I think if you have a busy salon then great, you will have those customers to start. I dont have a full appointment book as i haven't been doing it too long and so its twice as hard to get people on board. i think you should weigh it up yourself, only you know really. I would say its a great product, its just getting other people to know that, maybe you could do a trial for people like doing one fingernail for them, then they will see for themselves.

how do you ladies do it? i started shellac in december last year and have only had two clients who had it but only on the one occasion.

how do you ladies do it? i started shellac in december last year and have only had two clients who had it but only on the one occasion.

I think it woulod be far better to hear how you are doing/not doing it. For sure there is something you are not doing ... tell us what you do to sell the service and then maybe we can help.

A few Questions?

How large is your client list?
What is the mjain age group of your clients?
What proportion of your clients come for manicures?
What proportion come for pedicures?
what proportion for enhancement services?
do you offer other services (list them)?
What do you do to promote the Shellac service?
Are you in a salon or Mobile?

I did my first two Shellac clients on Thurs. And all I have is two colours as I just didn't have the funds to buy more. One client had booked for a mani/pedi...as I started her mani she said that she hope the polish would last till next Thurs :eek: Have I got a 'special' hybrid polish for you. Gave her my blurb, thanks to Geeg, and she was sold. She booked for her removal in two weeks before she left and bought the cuticle oil also. My second client saw the huge window poster (I had designed one offering all my services) offering this amazing manicure that would last up to 14 days. I have not ordered my Shellac window cling etc and don't use illegal photos, anyhow, she is my dentist's assistant and was a client of mine years ago before I moved away. She was just thrilled to be Shellaced as she is the first to have this done amongst her family, friends and peers. She explained to me all her 5 sisters are going to be super jealous, along with her friends and co-workers. Long story short...that is how it all starts. Of course I wear it also. It is tough. Awesome. Amazing. Promote yourself and the product every where you go. Always Always carry brochures/fliers/business cards and hand them out. I also tell clients that if they promote me, we can work something out as a reward. It works. People like to help. You have to be proactive in recruiting clients.

I think it woulod be far better to hear how you are doing/not doing it. For sure there is something you are not doing ... tell us what you do to sell the service and then maybe we can help.

A few Questions?

How large is your client list?
What is the mjain age group of your clients?
What proportion of your clients come for manicures?
What proportion come for pedicures?
what proportion for enhancement services?
do you offer other services (list them)?
What do you do to promote the Shellac service?
Are you in a salon or Mobile?
I haven't got a huge client list, a few regulars. I'm mobile and only started a year ago so basically still just starting up.
I don't get alot of clients for manicures but I always tell all clients about shellac and how good it is, most of them have never heard of it. I have promotions for shellac on my website, facebook, online advertising, poster advertising in shops, and e-mails to regular clients. I have other services (facials, massage, minx etc) but always try and promote shellac and minx the most.
I bought shellac because i thought it would bring more clients, even though I couldn't really afford it at the time. Would really love any advice.

MUST HAVE... ESSENTIAL

just as everyone else has said..you will make your money back.

Heres a great tip for you....Find someone who is the local gossip,perhaps works in a busy office or with lots of other women and do her a free shellac...and watch her do the work for you....

It is definitely all word of mouth and shellac has such a good reputation and has so many good write ups and media coverage that its name alone sells it.

If you have a website-if not WHY THE HELL NOT?-Definitely copy and paste a couple of the shellac media videos on it,alongside the vogue/elle etc reviews...

Tell everyone...

If you dont invest in shellac then you are behind with the times really and when your clients do hear about they will go somewhere else that does offer it....

Honestly...SHELLAC HAS CHANGED MY BUSINESS

go for it
x

I think if you do not try you will never know :)

Even if people do not end up getting more Shellac service from you, you can use the product for other things too like rockstar toes and swarovski crystal pedicures, you can create your own gem patterns incorporated into the shellac etc ... its not just a shellac service, its also the other few things that you can add to your price list!
:hug:

Latest posts

Back