Warm wax-not hurting!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlene1983

Reaction score
Hi geeks

So i have a regular family who i have been waxing for the past 7 years. Recently i could not make an appointment (mobile) so they went to the local salon.

The next time i seen the family for their regular appointment the daughter said if i knew what kind of wax the other girl had used as it didnt hurt her at all! She always finds eyebrow waxing quite painfull.

Her re growth was more than usual for the 2 week period ( which is when i see her every 2 weeks) so the only thing i can think of is that the other girl did not wax throughly and this is why she found it painless.......

or does anyone have any other idea? i felt a bit upset as recently the daughter booked in again at this other salon probably because of the pain free waxing, and obviouly i dont want to loose a customer.

I use hive wax heater and hive tea tree cream wax (always have). I asked if the other girl applied and used the same method ie strips and she said she did!

Baffling me!

I use oil under my strip wax as well as hard wax and people comment how pain free it is.

Could you perhaps g in and have your brows done?

Would your client honestly know the difference between warm and hot, mostly they have their eyes closed so wouldnt take much notice, different if its a bikini line.

Liek the above poster says oil can also make a difference.

I also use a little oil and only use hot wax for brow waxing and I find it okay. With brows and hot wax as its only a small amount of hot wax required then if its applied quickly and firmly pressed in before it sets up then it does remove the fine hairs as good as strip wax.

I have had waxing a few times with strip wax and on each occasion I have found it much more uncomfortable and I have had a bad reaction even though the therapist was experienced.

Thanks for your input everyone. Your right I don't think my client would know the difference between hot wax and warm wax.
I couldnt book in as a client because it is in a hair salon where I used to rent the beauty room lol! So the hairdressers would know I was comparing her haha
I think I may switch to hot wax. When I trained in 2001 we were taught that hot wax was for under arms and bikinis but I'm aware things have changed. Any tips on using it for faces? And what wax is best?

If you haven't used it on the face then why not book in to do a day with the Perron Rigot crew or depending on where you are then Zo zo on here is the Berins rep in the UK and is a qualified trainer too :) A refresher shouldn't be as much as a complete training course I'd think :) And it would make sure you got trained in using a good hot wax too :)

I recently decided to wax my own legs (nothing new) and thought I'd use a hive wax I had sat from back when I bought a kit as it was on offer - NEVER EVER AGAIN!!! I binned most of it and if I ever book in to have anything waxed I'll check what wax they use before I go... I'll be a wax snob - I don't care! :D

I must say though I recently posted a thread about not finding hot wax as effective on the face as I had hoped. Its definitely less painful but I find myself getting the tweezers out more with it.

Im sure its just my technique but a few others feel the same.

Latest posts

Back