watermarks??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondienailgurl

Reaction score
hi i have been doing l&p since april and had a client in the other day that had her nails done at another salon, it had been quite a while and she needed a backfill but when i saw them they were in too bad a shape so had to soak off and start again, but she had this funny mark that looked like a watermark, it was there before i started soaking and i would not come off, she didn't have it before she had nails either.
any ideas what it actually was and how to get rid of it???

If i have understood your question right, i think the answer is...
If the tech that applied the original set hasn't prepped them correctly and there was some moisture on the nail when the acrylic has been applied it could be this, a good nail dehydrator like scrubfresh is needed in prep hth

ok cool but how do i get rid of the "stain" i tried GENTLY filing and bufffing coz i thought it was only surface but wasn't, so am stuck.
and it shows throught the acrylic so does she just have to wait for it to grow out???

Yes if it is still there after a light buff, the client will have to put up with the mark until the nail has grown this out
or put on a new set with a coverage powder on the nail bed but i would rather be able to see it then you can assess if it gets any worse (it shouldn't do)
or wear a coloured polish over the enhancements to hide the stain hth

thank you i will try that, yeah i had never come across it and it was not in any of my training manuals or help book. :)

....or you could just do a bit of nail art on that nail to cover it... :idea:

i could do that but it is on every nail not just one :|

i could do that but it is on every nail not just one :|
Ahhhhhhh, I seee. Hmmmm maybe mixing a bit of your white with some pink to give it a nice color that is not to deep a shade? I don't know...I'll keep thinking!

would that 'watermark' be a greenie?

would that 'watermark' be a greenie?

hi um no it not a greenie does not look like this have looked at many pictures of greenies, but i have found something that looks similar a beau lines it may not be this but it looks very similar. although it describes that where the line is it is a ridge dipped down and this was flush her nails were perfect otherwise not brittle or damaged just had the marks on all of her nails

Latest posts

Back