Wax and wax heater

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo Mari

Reaction score
Hi

I have the HIVE Options 1 litre wax heater with the honey wax however I am unsure what number I should be using. I can't see it anywhere on the wax. The instructions are not very good. If i take the bucket out can I sit the pot of wax straight in or will it melt the pot?? When I melt the honey wax he seems to be very runny is this right?? Is it the quality of the wax that makes a difference. Which waxes do you recommend? Also when I spread the wax on the skin it doesn't spread smoothly what am I doing wrong please??
Also what am I doing wrong if when I remove the waxing strip the wax it doesn't peel off easily and the wax stays stuck to the skin??
Getting so stressed out please help and any tips would be much appreciated.

Thanks xx

Have you been trained?

Have you been trained?

Hi

Yes I have however the heater was already set up and they didn't really go through the best wax to use

You really should go back to the person who trained you because it's basic stuff you are asking that you should have been taught.

Yes it is however I did my training a while ago and due to personal circumstances was not able to practice.. I have gone back to the training centre and they just tell me to read through my notes, they were very unhelpful and I'm stressing out. so any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

I have a hive heater at home, not sure if it's the same as yours but I put the plastic container into the heater directly, I don't decant into metal pots as I feel it never gets properly empty, just topped up and the wax gets old where as if your using up your whole plastic pot then your throwing it out and putting a fresh one in. I have the temp at 4 and I find that fine. Always always test the wax on your wrist before applying to client. Iv used all sorts of wax, just wax is my fave. Make sure the angle of your spatula is slanted and not flat, watch you tube vids to help with technique. It's just practice I promise you will get there if you follow your notes and keep practicing what you were taught. I took 2 hrs to my very 1st half leg when I trained 18 years ago!! I remember hating it and thinking about that poor client, and how I was so useless but I kept at it and learned a lot from my colleagues too. Stick with it if it's something your dedicated to doing. Good luck.

I have a hive heater at home, not sure if it's the same as yours but I put the plastic container into the heater directly, I don't decant into metal pots as I feel it never gets properly empty, just topped up and the wax gets old where as if your using up your whole plastic pot then your throwing it out and putting a fresh one in. I have the temp at 4 and I find that fine. Always always test the wax on your wrist before applying to client. Iv used all sorts of wax, just wax is my fave. Make sure the angle of your spatula is slanted and not flat, watch you tube vids to help with technique. It's just practice I promise you will get there if you follow your notes and keep practicing what you were taught. I took 2 hrs to my very 1st half leg when I trained 18 years ago!! I remember hating it and thinking about that poor client, and how I was so useless but I kept at it and learned a lot from my colleagues too. Stick with it if it's something your dedicated to doing. Good luck.

Thank you so much for your help. This has been really helpful. I did my firsy half leg treatment last night and it took about 1 and a half hours. Guess I can only get better with practice and time. Thanks again xx

I put my heater on 56oC. Honey wax is more runny than cream wax xx

Norma de Durville- have you tried this wax? It's very easy to work with and offers a free Video demonstration session on how to use our products properly from heating to applying them. The products come in 800g tins that can be paced straight into your heater so no need to decant. You use upto 50% less wax with the brand due to the thinness of the product when applied. Cartridges are also available for therapists that prefer roller wax instead of hand application- this speeds up the process with a full leg wax taking approx 10-15 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back