Wax gave client a bruise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipster

Reaction score
I have been waxing part time for 3 years now and recently waxed my sister who I have waxed before but this time it was very sore for her and she also got a small bruise on her bikini line.

She had a baby a month ago and had a good bit of growth. I normally use strip wax for the area surrounding the main bikini line and hot wax for the more sensitive areas. I applies the strip wax along the underwear line to the inside of the thigh and in small section(lines) made my way in towards the underwear. This was very sore for her so I used hot wax for the other side which was more pleasant as it also had less growth.

I wonder if this is normal enough considering the circumstances or would a real client complain about the bruise and pain?

Should I not use strip wax for the area if there is a lot of growth but then I could be there all day if I only use hot? Should I not pull from the inside out with a long thin line but only do smaller sections so there is less of a pull along the thigh area. I hate doing this area as its hard to get a good pull on the skin but I do try hold it as tight as possible to its less uncomfortable but this didn’t help with my sister.

Hi, just a quick reply.

I dont think that having had a baby should make any difference unless there was complications and the birth wasnt straight forward and maybe stictches were needed...

however my response was that if the hair was too long it can cause bruising as it pulls the skin.. try asking your clients/sister to also pull their skin with their free hand, i find this helps as they dont mind putting their own hands in more intimate areas and also makes your job easier as you can pull the skin very tight from your angle to.

if the hair is too long for strip wax, try trimming it abit first.. i always advise my clients how long it should be and not to let it get too long :) hope this helps

xx

Thanks very much that's a great help. The extra length was probably the main contribution then. I wasn't sure whether her hormones were contributing to her the extra pain like when you get a wax just before or after your period.

Just on the pulling. I learnt to pull from above when applying wax and below when removing but on the inner thigh its hard to pull from below so I pull from the above the strip. Hope that makes sense.

You really shouldn't feel conscious about it and just pull from the bottom. Get your client to pull from the top, or even the side (thigh) if needed as some bigger ladies that helps with.
Even if you just use pressure with two fingers to pull 'down' then it'll be better than pulling from the top.

It's possible it was a little more painful just because everything in that area may be a bit delicate for a while birthday won't be what caused the bruise.
You can bruise anyone any time even if you've done them a million times before.

Have a little confidence in yourself and just put your hand where you need it to be :) it is awkward at first but you soon get used to it and your bikini waxes will just get better and better x

Are you asking your sister/clients to raise their knee out to the side and up to their chest, this will give you more room to get a pull. Also it is quite normal for someone to bruise, due to this I include a line on my consultation forms that reads "waxing can cause brusing, lumps, bumps and tearing of the skin". This makes clients aware that this can happen and also covers you.

HTH X

Latest posts

Back