Wax opinions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penina

Reaction score
Since I recently trained & opened up my own home based salon, I've only used Salon Systems sensitive wax. I'm just wondering if there's a better quality wax out there that I can use, but that doesn't break the budget? Tia x

Even the high end brands don't break the bank when you work out cost per service. I think it's worth spending more on Perron Rigot or Berins or Outback Organics because you can tell the difference and more importantly so can your clients and the cost per treatment is pence more than cheaper brands.

I am using Babyliss waxes. Been using their gold one but few days ago tried their lavender. It's really nice.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I use Adam and Eve waxes. They have loads of different varieties and smell great. The pre and post products are really lovely too. Xx

Perron Rigot is hosting a Discovery Day in Docklands on the 17th of June.

There's a small fee to attend (£10 or £20, not sure) but it is redeemable against purchases.

It's actually a half day session where you'll get to try out the range of waxes and accessories. Their trainers will be on hand to demonstrate and answer any questions.

Jack Dunn might be along in a minute.....

There are many other reputable brands out there, some of which may send out samples. Why not contact a few companies and try a few for yourself to see which you get along with?

This is all such good information thank you!

At the risk of sounding stupid, where would I go to buy these other brands mentioned as I've never seen them in salon systems.

I'd also like to know more about the discovery day in docklands. Where can I find out more about it?

You ladies have been so helpful, thank you!!!

If you check out the Facebook page for Perron rigot they have details on the discovery days on there. You can purchase Perron rigot from Thalgo and if you contact them they will send you out some samples.

Hi, i read your reply about best waxes to use. could you advise what would be the best perron-rigot wax i could use for hollywood waxing, as i haven't used this brand of hot wax before. many thanks

Their most popular non-strip wax is Euroblonde. But there are lots of other ones that people like as well. I use Homme for all my intimate waxing treatment and they recently launched a new non strip wax especially formulated for intimate waxing called Intimate4.
You could get a sample or 2 to try and see which one you prefer.

HTH jack

I have used Outback Organic hot wax for a few years now, and have tried many more on the market but have found outback to be my favourite.

Great wax, great service and amazing educator.

Essential Beauty Supplies is the company who distribute in the uk.

Hope this helps

Thanks everyone x

I've never really been that much more impressed by the more expensive strip waxes than other cheaper ones particularly babyllis which I really like.
Hot wax It is worth spending more on though.

Latest posts

Back