Waxing and radiotherapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hey,

Was just wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to wax a client who has just finished a course of radiotherapy? It's for non cancerous tumours therefore isn't on any other medication. It's just an eyebrow wax but felt I need to check :)

Hey,

Was just wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to wax a client who has just finished a course of radiotherapy? It's for non cancerous tumours therefore isn't on any other medication. It's just an eyebrow wax but felt I need to check :)

It depends on where the radiotherapy has been done. Some patients having radiotherapy can experience sore skin and even peeling skin, some may not have any reactions at all. If the radiotherapy has been in an area where your client wants waxing then I would say a definite no.

thank you. It's been done on the side of her head and it's her eyebrows but will speak to her face to face to find out how her skin etc has been before i go near her with wax! x

Probably the best thing to do is to ask her to get permission from her consultant. Explain to the client what happens to the skin when having waxing done and she will then be able to explain clearly to her consultant and he can then make an informed decision about it. I hope this helps!:green:

I wouldn't wax near where the radiotherapy has been as the skin will be sore and thin. xx

Radiation treatemts tend to be localized, so there would be an area on the body that would be more sensitive, perhaps sore. You would just need to wax around this area. But everywhere else is ok.

Latest posts

Back