Waxing and roaccutane

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danielleh

Reaction score
Hiya i know you must not wax if a client is taking roaccutane but please can you tell me how long they must be off it before they can start waxing again??

Thanks xx

At least a month id say 12 weeks to be extra sure.

Last edited:
Just to add you may want to check with your insurance company what they stipulate.
I have just done a google on it also for my own confirmation and it seems to vary greatly from 1 month to 12 months.

You need to wait a minimum of 6 months after they have finished taking the drug before you should perform any waxing and exfoliating treatments.

You probably ought to get them to check with their doc too and see what they advise.

You need to wait a minimum of 6 months after they have finished taking the drug before you should perform any waxing and exfoliating treatments.

Ooh thats me wrong then.I was told one month by someone who was on it and left it 3 months.Fortunately ive only ever come across that one person to do and there were no problems.I guess it depends on the type of skin as well.

Well she came off it 4 days ago. Her Dr said she was fine to have waxing! I knew that was not right, i think il tell her 6 months to be on the safe side!

I agree that each case will be slightly different but definitely not after 4 days, you were right to say no! It still amazes me sometimes what some doctors recommend and I believe in some instances we have more knowledge on the skin. Accutane is a systemic drug which will take a lot longer than 4 days to no longer have any effect on the body. I would just work with the client and see her recovery, maybe do a test patch on her after a few months and take it from there.

I have had 2 courses of roaccutene several years ago and made the mistake of having my eyebrows waxed a couple of months afterwards. It literally took the top my layer of my skin off and didn't heal properly for several weeks, it was incredibly sore and looked awful.

Personally I would wait a minimum of six months for any facial waxing possibly longer depending on the condition of their skin.

I would say 6 months but if you're worried get a doctors note and keep it attatched to the clients record card. Better to be safe than sorry! x

Hi,

I'd say 6 months unless they've got a note from their GP.

Jason

I really do think that it depends on the client, I have a lady who has her browes waxed and is still on the drug. Her doc suggested it would be no problem to get waxed and it hasent been.xx

Having been on two courses of the stuff it really does mess with your skin! I tell all clients I won't wax them whilst they are on it and usually for six months afterwards. It's just not worth the risk.

Mat

Latest posts

Back