Waxing bookings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hannah1984

Reaction score
In commercial salon today my client was a lady booked in for a eyebrow show, upper lip wax, bikini wax and full leg wax.

It took me just over 2 hours, I got so hot and because I thought I was taking way too long I started to rush towards the end. Her hair was very thick in places and the hair growth was in all different directions. (And I had to trim the bikini before waxing)

My tutor was very pleased with me though as the expected time was 1hr45mins.

I was just wondering do you let clients book in for all this or would you ask them to book in different sessions? I can understand booking bikini and full leg together. It's just because I got so hot and I am now exhausted. I know I'm not used to it all yet, but your opinions would be appreciated.

Also do you tell clients booking in for a bikini that their hair length should be not too long so you can see the hair growth? Or do you just trim when they come in and tell them then?

Thanks!

Hi Hannah,
I always do all my waxing treatments together,clients dont want to come in anymore than is necessary.They usually want to get it over and done with asap.

The reason you got so hot and bothered was probably because you are still in the early days.

Eventually you will probably get all that done in an hour/hour 15 mins.Depending on hair growth etc.Dont worry,you will be amazed at how quickly you pick up speed.Practice,practice,practice.

As for bikini the only time I have to trim is if I'm doing a Hollywood or Brazilian.Anything else and I usually whip it off in a flash,no trimming.HTH

That's what I thought about booking all the same time, it's just at the moment it seems a lot, but yes with more practice my timing will come down. :)

With the bikini we have been told to trim the hair so the hairs don't catch one another when strip pulled off and cause more pain. Does it not make that much of a difference then?

I must admit I don't trim either. I'm sure I was taught to trim at college though.
As for waxing bikini and full leg, why not?
I would rather it was all over in one go.
You will speed up, just like nails, although I haven't speeded up that much in my nails, LOL.

you probably felt exhausted after because you were rushing as you were conscience of your timing

you did good

but your speed and confidence will increase with more practice

I must admit I don't trim either. I'm sure I was taught to trim at college though.
As for waxing bikini and full leg, why not?
I would rather it was all over in one go.
You will speed up, just like nails, although I haven't speeded up that much in my nails, LOL.

Sorry in my first post probably wrote it so it sounds different. I meant, I can understand people booking in for a bikini and full leg as they go hand in hand.

it would take me about 45 mins to do those treatments but you will get your time down with practice, i use clean and easy roller wax which really cuts down your time. As for trimming, i don't tend to trim with strip wax but i do for hot wax.

Well done it's early days and your timings come down with practice I promise:hug:

We were taught to trim,but only if excessively long,I dont get any complaints about it being ay more painful.

TBH it just wouldn't be practical trimming every single new client.

Wow your timing is really quick!

How does the roller wax work? (Sorry if it works how it sounds!)

We were taught to trim,but only if excessively long,I dont get any complaints about it being ay more painful.

TBH it just wouldn't be practical trimming every single new client.

This client was quite long, you couldnt see the hair growth direction at all.

Wow your timing is really quick!

How does the roller wax work? (Sorry if it works how it sounds!)

timing is down to practice and technique, the latter will come with practice! It can sometimes take me a bit longer if the hair growth is very strong. Roller wax basically works by screwing a wax cartridge on to a roller head, ( they come in different sizes for different areas) and then sticking it in a heater to melt it. Then just take it out of the heater, roll it on and rip it off!!

Thats good then, so no strips to pull it off with? Just pull the wax off with itself?

Thats good then, so no strips to pull it off with? Just pull the wax off with itself?

oh no sorry, i didn't word that well did i?! You still use strips, it's the same wax you would use in the wax pots, it's just put in a handy roller cartridge. Hot wax you don't use strips with.

That still sounds much quicker, no dipping spatula into pot etc.

I had hot wax demonstrated on me - Never Again!!! OUCH!!

That still sounds much quicker, no dipping spatula into pot etc.

I had hot wax demonstrated on me - Never Again!!! OUCH!!

yeah hot wax can be nasty! It's when the therapist spends ages trying to flick the end up that hurts the most!!

You can do your waxing in twice the speed if not faster with a good roller waxing system.

I use the Clean and Easy system and I love it.Using the pot method is an important art to master,imo.I still use the spatula method for eyebrow waxing.I dont trust the roller waxing for eyebrows.

I know some do use their rollers for eyebrows but it's not for me,I dont find it precise enough.

You can get some fantastic offers at the beauty shows,think I got my roller system for half price,bargain.

I found the bit that hurt most was the application, it was so hot and when it was applied in figure of 8, going against the hair was agony. Prefer warm wax anyday! Everyone thinks I'm mad as I was the first one to have bikini done in the class and then went on to underarms. Didnt really bother me that much.

Quite good as when others want bikini or underarms done they come to me, as I have done quite a few at home on friends and in college so feel confident in it.

You can do your waxing in twice the speed if not faster with a good roller waxing system.

I use the Clean and Easy system and I love it.Using the pot method is an important art to master,imo.I still use the spatula method for eyebrow waxing.I dont trust the roller waxing for eyebrows.

I know some do use their rollers for eyebrows but it's not for me,I dont find it precise enough.

You can get some fantastic offers at the beauty shows,think I got my roller system for half price,bargain.

Thats intresting cuz when it comes to eyebrows i'm the opposite way around! I find it easier to control the roller than the spatula.

Just goes to show how differently we all work!!:)

I've got my own pot so will be still working with that. I'm hopefully going to the next trade show so will look out for the roller systems then but don't think I can afford anything else at the moment.

Latest posts

Back