Waxing-client enquiry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Empress Patel

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

A potential new client has got in touch with me about having a basic bikini wax. As A mobile therapist I will obviously travel to the client and carry out the treatment in the comfort of her own home, I told her my prices and she seemed quite happy to go ahead...She has now got back to me and asked if I would do it for a cheaper rate if I used her waxing products and equipment. I suppose I dont mind but I dont charge alot as it is and do not charge for mileage so was unsure of what to do.

Has anyone come across this before?

All advice greatly appreciated!

xxx

You say no.
You have invested your time and money in sourcing your products so you should use them.

Also if she wants the price cheaper are you going to earn any money out of it - is she the type of client you want because trust me you don't.

Set your price and stick to it, use your own products that you know and trust and if she doesn't like it then that's too bad.
Hth xx

Lol the cheek of some people.

I would question whether a basic bikini wax is even worth you using up petrol and time for - unless you have other appointments in the area on that day.

So can you do it cheaper - No.

Can you use her own products - No.

I am hoping you yourself use good quality professional products and equipment which you are insured to use.

If she has her own products and equipment why can't she do it herself?

She is paying you for your time and experience.

No no no no no no no.

Lielash .. it took me so long to write my reply that you had posted in the meantime - and we seem to be saying the same thing!

It irritates me when I post something and five minutes later someone says almost the same thing so I don't want to irritate you lol :hug:

LieLash and jacquelineanna! :hug:

This has helped alot! I Am insured and do us good quality products :) so yeh I totally agree and thankyou both for the advice!

Some people really do take the mick.:mad:

xxx

No No No!!!!!! Damn cheek of people.

What if she had rubbish products and her skin grazed? You wouldn't be insured anyway. A definite no!
Good luck x

Lielash .. it took me so long to write my reply that you had posted in the meantime - and we seem to be saying the same thing!

It irritates me when I post something and five minutes later someone says almost the same thing so I don't want to irritate you lol :hug:

lol you made me laugh, and your reply was better than mine xxx

Oh my goodness, NO! You also don't know if her equipment is sanitised and I would be wondering how long the wax had been opened for?!

Some people take the mick!

Dee

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

The cheek of some people. As a mobile therapist myself, I have a minimum spend. Would you consider doing the same? I personally wouldn't go out for a £12 basic bikini wax. After petrol and travel time what's the point. We all have to make a living. :)

people like that irritate the hell outta me

Ah I'll give you a good one, I had a lady ask if I could do 1/2 of a half leg wax...!!! As she only has hair on the front of her leg ...!!!

The cheek of some people. As a mobile therapist myself, I have a minimum spend. Would you consider doing the same? I personally wouldn't go out for a £12 basic bikini wax. After petrol and travel time what's the point. We all have to make a living. :)

Just to say that I would go out for £12, as any £12 could be a potential very good client for the future.. With friends who could be potential very good clients... You need to look at the big picture in business!!

Take a hike chancer should of been the reply!

I can't believe the audacity of people! All the products and kits being sold to just anybody Is ruining our industry

Her "equipment" could be a veet kit from boots! Tell her no for sure.

It is the same as all the stores selling hair colour for home use. People buy it to save a few bucks, most of the time it looks mesh. Then they come to salon to get it fixed and blame you if it can't be corrected:eek:
Hair & Beauty should be left to the professionals.

Good god NO. What is wrong with people. If you are stuck for an answer with the good advice you've already received then tell her it will invalidate your insurance.

If she wants cheap, she can always find a bargain basement therapist elsewhere.

Debbie

I use this analogy all the time. Would you take your own cod into the chip shop and say 'How much to fry this for me please?'

Latest posts

Back