Waxing extras

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph86

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

On my course next week, I have my essentials well I think I do ;)

And I need three more things off the top of my head - consultation cards, after wax product (any recommendations? on professional videos online Ive seen them just use their chosen oil-is that sufficient?) and equipment cleaner.

Please could you add anything else I mat need.

I have, 2 heaters, my chosen wax (strip & non strip) , pre wax cleanser, oil, after care sheets, strips, a beauty couch, and couch roll.

Are the metal/plastic spatulas better? I'll be mobile, so how many of these would I need per basic wax? (Leg, underarm, bikini) i have disposable spatulas at the moment.
Do you wear gloves for each treatment?

I won't be offering intimate waxing for a while.

Thanks! Xx

Maybe not for your course but I would say you need to get these things for going mobile:
Bin bags (I use small swing bin liners to take away the used spats, strips and couch roll etc..)
Pens (to fill out consultaion cards)
Price lists & business cards (to leave with client & encourage take up of extra services you offer)
Headband for eyebrow waxing
Tweezers for the odd stubborn hairs that remain
Cotton pads (for applying small amount of oil after the waxing eyebrows, upper lip etc..)

I had a basic kit as part of my wax course and then I upgraded to Perron Rigot products and so I have used the pre & afterwax gels/lotions and the oils and I have to say that I find the oil used afterwards gives a cleaner result.

I always have bits of wax residue left on me when I treat myself and get my legs waxed at a salon (doing my own I get myself into some weird positions lol) but when I do my own and use Jasmin oil I have lovely soft wax free legs with no residue so I would say go with a waxing oil over an afterwax lotion. I do have Perron Rigot refreshing gel too which is nice but I tend to just use the oil.

Being mobile I think that disposable spats are best as you can just throw them away with all your other rubbish rather than have to have sterile spats and used spats stored seperatley and then steralise them all when you get home.

As well as the above, an extension lead may be worthwhile incase you're not able to set up as close to a power point as you'd like.

I used to have a mobile therapist that came to my home many years to do my waxing and they used to bring a plastic disposable sheet to put on the floor between the couch and where they postioned the pots to catch any drips. I guess some clients may have carpets rather than laminates etc..

Jack

Fab, thank you all... I will make a shopping list now :) yes think with being mobile the disposable ones will be best, I was imagining needing 20 + metal/plastic spatulas lol!

Ive gone with the Berins wax/oils but the after wax was small (& v.expensive) compaired to the size of tge oil/pre wax cleanser. I'd like a decent size so Im not replacing it every few clients!

Great tips, thanks again geeks! Xx

You only use the teeniest amount of oil so a big bottle will last you a LONG time. :wink2:

Latest posts

Back