Waxing in this heat!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HollyGold

Reaction score
Please help me :(

My salon room is so hot and it doesn't help with my heaters on, I've got a 2 fans on but it's still so hot and I'm finding my normal wax (phd) is so sticky and for my bikini I'm using waxperts non strip wax and its just taking ages to dry. The clients body is so hot so it doesn't help matter. Is there anything I can do? Thank you :( xx

What about investing in a portable air conditioning unit? Sorry I am not much help :(

What about investing in a portable air conditioning unit? Sorry I am not much help :(

I've looked :( everywhere is sold out round me, it's crazy hot! I've borrowed a friends fan and it helps more. And the wax seems to be less sticky and drying more better x

I guess I don't realize how good I have it!! I feel for you though. Have you got windows that you can open and let the fans circulate air through the room?

I guess I don't realize how good I have it!! I feel for you though. Have you got windows that you can open and let the fans circulate air through the room?

Yes I've opened them all up and the 2nd fan is helping loads, it was such a nightmare this morning.my wax heaters all on and the room was so hot :( I'm just trying to see what air on unit I should order

Sorry, I don't do this to make fun, but I live in Alberta, Canada amongst some serious rednecks and this acctually works quite well!
You need a styrofoam cooler box (for keeping food cold during camping/picnics), A fan that fits the lid and an elbow PVC tube. Cut out a hole in the lid where you duck tape the fan to blow inside and on the other (long) end you cut a fitting hole for your PVC elbow and duck tape it in place. Fill the cooler with ice and put the lid securely on the box, plug in your fan and you enjoy hours of cold air blow into the room. Is it tacky, YES! Does it work? Hell Yeah! If all else fails that is ;)

I even found a pic to show you that I am not crazy LOL

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374079689.714743.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1374079689.714743.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 330
Just to add, you may have to keep windows closed so that the cold air can stay in your room! Once the ice is melted dump the water and fill back up with new ice :D

While on my break my step dad brought me some ice to put in front of my fan to add some water to the air lol your idea looks really cool might try it out this weekend x

Biljana, I love that! I am sure that with a few Rhinestones the box would look beautiful ha ha ha!:cool:

Biljana, I love that! I am sure that with a few Rhinestones the box would look beautiful ha ha ha!:cool:

Lol!! Probably would :) or you can just strategically hide it the corner and hope no one sees it?! I think clients may prefer it to overheating

Hi, I use , Berrins jet set hot wax. It sets up quickly in the hot weather.

Sorry, I don't do this to make fun, but I live in Alberta, Canada amongst some serious rednecks and this acctually works quite well!
You need a styrofoam cooler box (for keeping food cold during camping/picnics), A fan that fits the lid and an elbow PVC tube. Cut out a hole in the lid where you duck tape the fan to blow inside and on the other (long) end you cut a fitting hole for your PVC elbow and duck tape it in place. Fill the cooler with ice and put the lid securely on the box, plug in your fan and you enjoy hours of cold air blow into the room. Is it tacky, YES! Does it work? Hell Yeah! If all else fails that is ;)

I even found a pic to show you that I am not crazy LOL

That is AMAZING!!! What a bloody good idea :-D xx

I use a portable air conditioning unit. A client actually asked me to turn it down the other day cos she was too cold!!
You can buy one from ebay :biggrin:

The new Adam and Eve waxes now available here are from Australia and are fabulous in this weather. The Lavender hot wax is especially good and sets really quickly compared to a lot of other waxes I have tried recently.:lol:

is simply horrible :irked:

I had a client in at 8:00 am this morning for brows, underarms and 1/2 leg and despite the fact it was an early appointment and I had all my windows wide open, I was a sweaty, dripping mess by the time I had finished grrrr... not a good look!

Don't even get me started on the full body massage I had to do yesterday evening........you could have hung me out to dry!

Thinking a break in the weather would work for me right now!

PB
x

You can cool the hot wax quicker by folding up some paper towel into a nice little square/rectangle and have cold water (add ice if needed) in a little bowl. Dip the square into the cold water and squeeze out excess water so not too drippy and dab over the hot wax sections that you've applied. I live in a humid climate and this works a treat and speeds up setup time of the wax. HTH :)

Thank you for all your tips and replys, I looked everywhere for a portable air con and even a fan but they had all sold out :( a friend lent me his fan and its helped cool my room down and I've not have any problems since. I'm going to order the air con unit tonight so I don't end up with a wax nightmare lol.

Latest posts

Back