Waxing info

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessica Rabbit

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I have been asked to wax a guy's legs for comic relief but I havent waxed a guys legs before. Would I need to use a oil or talc on the legs before I wax him or just get right in there??:)

Thanks in advance x

Hi Geeks

I have been asked to wax a guy's legs for comic relief but I havent waxed a guys legs before. Would I need to use a oil or talc on the legs before I wax him or just get right in there??:)

Thanks in advance x

Tracey..whilst this is indeed a nobel cause if you have never waxed before I would not reccomend that you go ahead with this waxing...even though its for charity and fun..if you dont have experiance its best not to do it. :hug:

Could you not give him a "basin" style hair cut or maybe shave his legs???

Last edited:
Tracey if you are confident in general waxing, then waxing a guy's legs is no different and quite simply follow the rules of general waxing... apply the wax in the direction of hair growth and remove in the opposite direction. I would apply a smidgen of oil for sure before doing legs. If the legs are very hairy you may need to trim, but this might not be an option for you, in which case make sure you get the wax right down to the skin by applying at a 90degree angle with firm pressure with your spatula. Remember to support and stretch the skin when removing (especially the thighs).

Oh and you might find the strip fills up more quickly with longer hairs... just change strips and carry on with the removing.

Good luck... I hope you make lots of money for a good cause.

:hug:

Tracey..whilst this is indeed a nobel cause I would not reccomend that you go ahead with this waxing...even though its for charity and fun..if you dont have experiance its best not to do it. :hug:

Could you not give him a "basin" style hair cut or maybe shave his legs???

Hi Collin

I have been waxing for 5yrs so I have experience. I just havent waxed a mans hair legs before...

Hi Jen thats for the advise regards to using a small bit off oil.. Wish him luck lol:) xx

Hi Collin

I have been waxing for 5yrs so I have experience. I just havent waxed a mans hair legs before...

Hi Jen thats for the advise regards to using a small bit off oil.. Wish him luck lol:) xx

Phew..you had me worried there..had this vison of a crazy woman who had never been anywhere near a wax pot before tying some poor geezer down and going to town on his legs..poor little blighter.:eek:

Best is with some oil..will definatley stop the wax from tugging on his poor delicate skin.

Good luck on the day and do let us know how much you raised...oh and how smooth his legs turned out :hug:

Im sure he will be ok colin.. He will see what us lady's do to keep our hubbys happy... lol

i had to do a guys back a few years ago for the first time, was so scared about doing it! but yeh just follow the normal waxing rules, and look closely and which way the hairs are growing! it didnt take me very long, but yes the guy was in alot of pain, but after a few strips at a time i applied pressure to the area and this seemed to help!

good luck!!

Latest posts

Back