Waxing on VERY dry legs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fay

Reaction score
Hey eveyone
I had a client in for a legwax last week and it went really well except on the lower leg her legs were so dry that it seemed to be preventing the wax being removed cleanly it left bits behind and once the wax was completed although all the hair had been removed it didnt feel as smooth as you would expect. Just wondered if anyone had any tips?

xxx

hi,

I would recommend the client exfoliate and moisturise before her next visit. Some people seem to think it's better if they don't put cream on, but it actually helps. You could even recommend a couple of products from your ranges and boost your sales at the same time!

hth, Kate x

You could have put a thin layer of oil on before hand which would have helped ,there are quite a few threads on here giving info on this practice if you are unfamiliar with it.
If the legs were dry the hairs probably snapped off.For waxing to be continually successful waxed areas do need to be regularly exfoliated and moisturised inbetween visits otherwise the hairs will ingrow.

Thanks Guys!!!!:)

Why not give your client a complimentory lower leg exfoliation and moisturise or just offer her it as a treatment that will really benefit her.
Once she realises how much better her legs feel and look she may be more likely to do it at home which will make your job easier when she comes into the salon to be waxed.

oil, oil, oil. Just apply a thin layer... it will make a world of a difference.

edited to add.... Make sure that you also educate your client about exfoliating/moisturizing. People with legs that dry tend to have more ingrown hairs too.

Last edited:
oil, oil, oil. Just apply a thin layer... it will make a wold of a difference.

I'll second that! I have a lady who has her legs waxed regularly. She has very dry skin on her legs, and since I've been using oil the results are so much better, easier and quicker. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Latest posts

Back