Waxing: Which side of the couch do you stand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SammiC

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry if this seems an odd question but which side of the bed/couch do you stand on for the majority of your waxing treatments? and do you have a portable trolly for your products or a fixed station?

I've had my home salon for over a year and a half now and I'm close to adding additional treatments so would like to adapt my room to better suit. I'm right handed and find I do the majority of waxing from the clients left side when they're lying on the couch (of course I move around a little too) but no matter where I'd like to reposition the bed to its not in my comfort zone and I run into difficulties with power points etc

Interested to hear view points as I may more than likely have to adjust my comfort zone and there may be ideas I haven't considered.

Thanks in advance! :)

My couch is in the middle of the room so i can walk all the way around and get to my clients from all angles. My wax trolley does move, it has wheels but i tend to move it very little and walk back and forth to it. You could haver another power point installed if you find a good set up but then cant plug in :D

This is a very good question!!!

My couch is also in the middle of the room and I work from the client's right side. My trolley is also on this side of the room situated towards the feet end of the couch. I move it if I need to.

I work from both sides but I could save more time if I could work from one side all of the time.

But I can't lol.

I am thinking that when I first started out, if I had a room where the couch would only fit against a wall and I HAD to work from one side for everything it would be different.

My second treatment room is used by my two lovely therapists and the room is a mirror image of mine. I find it less comfortable to work in there because it is all back to front for me.

If I had the time to pursue working from my 'wrong side' or to force myself to work from one side for everything I know all would be well.

But I do not have the time. Or the inclination really.

I particularly like to be able to stand behind the client's head whilst doing eye brows ... from this position I can see one single hair that does not belong. Although I mainly work from the client's right side for brows I like to have all round vision so will work from both sides and behind.

This is my preference.

Hi

I'm right handed and work on the left side of the couch.
I pull my trolley up and down to reach lower legs etc.

My bed is in the middle of the room. I'm right handed and I stand to the left of the client with my pots on the same side. I only tend to walk around the other side when I do a male full body wax. For intimate which is what I do all day, I stand on the one side without moving. lol That's why I don't burn any calories despite being on my feet all day long.

I stand on the client's right with wax pots at the foot of the bed. I'm right handed but this is how I was trained and assessed.

I am right handed and stand on the clients right side with my pots on the same side. I'm just trying to imagine standing on the left side and I think I would be quite uncoordinated doing it that way!

Thanks everyone or your replies.

I too have my bed in the middle of the room, as mentioned I stand on the left side as that was where I felt most comfortable and do prob 95% of my waxing from that side and my trolley is also on the same side but at the head end. I mostly travel to and from my wax pots though I know I could save time by moving the trolley with me but I then get caught up with the mag lamp lol (due to power point access) I also wax brows from behind.

I've never thought about why I worked this way until now and now I'm fighting the dilemma of habit Vs practicality! Lol nice to hear differing comfort zones, I may have to break mine for a bit and see how things go. Thanks again :)

Every salon i have ever owned or worked in {including college} had the bed in the middle of the room and i used both sides. Now I've moved into my beautiful new salon in a really expensive location i had to give up a few luxuries :D space being one of the major ones. My bed only fits against one wall and i have to move it up and down depending if I'm doing a facial or a pedi.

I'm left handed and i stand on the clients right side, above the head if doing brows. My wax pots are on my side near the clients head on a fixed bench. It's very awkward but literally the only way i can fit my things in the room. Been here since end of January and I'm pretty ok with the set up now for waxing, though when doing the left side of Brazilian wax its a bit hard to angle my spatula hand in the right direction

My couch is in the middle of the room too. I wax on the right hand side of the client and my trolley is at the right hand side too. I stand at the top and both sides of the bed when doing brows.
When doing legs I stand at the bottom of the bed as I use my roller wax which is at the bottom of the bed also. I sometimes go to the left of the bed when doing backs and chests, it depends how big the client is.
I have one client for intimate waxing and one time she bought her kids in with her. They were sat at the bottom of the bed and because she didn't want them to see everything she asked if she could lie the other way so her head was where her feet would be. I felt so caggy handed doing it that way!

Latest posts

Back