Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wallpap

Reaction score
I trained in waxing a year ago and have no problem with the non strip hard wax but am really struggling with strip waxing.
Recent events include leaving hair on a clients legs and leaving wax stuck to the client..

Can anyone give me some pointers? Im using Berins Wax but am looking at other options, recommendations very welcome.

Shall I retrain?

I trained in waxing a year ago and have no problem with the non strip hard wax but am really struggling with strip waxing.
Recent events include leaving hair on a clients legs and leaving wax stuck to the client..

Can anyone give me some pointers? Im using Berins Wax but am looking at other options, recommendations very welcome.

Shall I retrain?
you could retrain or take a refresher course or you could just practice on friend and family but to be honest when i first did my waxing two years ago i was horrible leaving hairs and everything but thank god through practice i have really improved like they say practice makes perfect but if you are really struggling take a refresher though even now i have my slip ups where i miss a patch of hair lol i hope this helps x

Waxing isnt really my forte either, It may be you need to apply firmer pressure on to the strip, the wax temperature may not be quite right

I think with the Berins Ease it's very easy to apply your wax too thick. Make sure you apply as thinly as you can. Give the strip a couple of firm rubs and rrrrrrrrrip!!

Wallpap, I'm the opposite to you. I am still scared of hot wax. Perhaps we should team up. You do the hard wax bits and I'll do the strip wax bits. clients will be done in half the time :)

hi apply the wax as warm as possible without burning client and as thin as possible, apply strip give 2 or three firm rubs to bond wax with hair then remove, so pressure when applying and pressure when removing.

look out for cold skin and trying to apply to an area that's too big for one removal session.

As an example - about half a man's back on one side (waist to shoulder) - is about as much as I can work with before needing to remove it.

Larger clients skin may cool faster than skinnier ones.

Apply very thinly, scraping your disposable spat loaded one side only firmly across the skin in the direction of growth - brace the skin - apply the strip and rub firmly - then whip it off parallel to the skin against the direction of growth and apply firm pressure with your other hand.

As usual it very much depends on the wax you are using, the temperature and your technique. Once you find the right product and get used to the right application you are going to find its easy.
With the wax i use i can do large areas without it setting too quick and it will pull the shortest and finest of hairs but if you are struggeling it might be worth just to get in touch with a trainer to see if they can give you some advice and just go through the technique etc rather than you getting frustrated because you cant figure what you are doing wrong.
I know there is a few people in your area who would be able to help ?
:hug:

Latest posts

Back