Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantele

Reaction score
I am in the process of setting up my own salon and would like your opinions on what is the most cost effective, profitable way of waxing, roller or spatula? Thanks..

I use rollers (for legs) even tho its more expensive, but I can do a full leg in no time! But I use spatula for everything else (I have a duel pot, warm wax and hot wax) ! X

I use rollers (for legs) even tho its more expensive, but I can do a full leg in no time! But I use spatula for everything else (I have a duel pot, warm wax and hot wax) ! X

Ok, thank you..

I only offer male waxing and find rollers can drag on mens hair as it tends to be longer and coarser so I only use the pot and spatula method.

I know loads of therapists on here like rollers but I like the pot and spatula method and with speed waxing I personaaly find it much faster than having to work with rollers.

With these things its down to what you find best and what you can work with.

Good luck Jack

I only use spatula but rollers are great for women but not for mens waxing as the hair gets caught in the roller.

Try to master the spatula but have a roller if you really need to.

I am in the process of setting up my own salon and would like your opinions on what is the most cost effective, profitable way of waxing, roller or spatula? Thanks..

Think this boils down to your own waxing speed. I used the roller wax for years, and it is definately fast, but it does take a lot of time and very hard effort to keep the system clean. And it is a very expensive way to wax. I have reverted back to spatula waxing now. It may take a bit longer but the cleaning is much easier, and cleanliness is soooooo very important to me.

Agree with above posts, roller wax not suitable for everyone.

If you are fairly new to the industry, roller waxing may be a good start to gain confidence, but thereafter, get your spatula waxing up to speed and reduce your costs at the same time.

I use pot and spat for most waxing. But I pretty much exclusively use rollers on legs (inc all my men) as I find it so much quicker and easier. And the Perron Men's roller is really nice ... Really frustrating they don't do it in tins.

Mat

I trained using both but have a roller system sat gathering dust as I never use it... I don't find the spatula slower but I guess a lot depends on your technique on that :) And I find the rollers uncomfortable and dragging even on my own skin so I'd rather use the spatula :) Comfort is a huge selling point for me. Waxing will always hurt but I keep getting told that it hurts far less when I'm doing it than other waxers my clients have been to so it's not something I'll compromise on :)

Nothing wrong with roller waxing at all but they are usually preferred by people that aren't that confident or quick with a spatula.

Have tried all different methods in the years that I have been waxing and have always gone back, very quickly, to the spatula. I can't be bothered with the faffing about keeping rollers clean and the waste and extra cost of both them and the tubes.

I think if you can master the spatula method first then the world is your lobster when it comes to all the other methods out there ha ha ha!:D

Spatula is definitely cheaper, even though I'm quick with the spatula I do like my roller for legs, I think it's because I'm a bit messy, that's not just with wax it's with anything liquid including food, ha ha!!!

New to the forum just wanted to say HIYA:biggrin::biggrin:

I have never used roller and love using pot and spatula so don't think I will be changing any time soon.I presume roller would be more expensive but have never enquired so wouldn't know :)

Latest posts

Back