Way off topic: MS

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimeeC

Reaction score
Hey fellow geeks,
Well as the title suggests was at the docs fri and may have MS, thought so myself before i went as had all symptoms, well doc also thinks i have im just waiting on an appointment for an MRI :sad:
I know its not def that i have it yet but this has really knocked me, im only 25 have 2 small kids and of course im thinkin the worst :sad: Im havin a bad enough day today..
Im only after starting to get into the beauty industry and am going to college full time in sept to study beauty, just afraid MS is gonna set me back.
I know this is a very personal question and i appreciate nobody may want to say so but does anyone on here suffer with MS and if so does it affect your day to day life? xx

Hi hun,
I dont have MS but do have a friend/client that does have it and she has slowly but definatley got worse as time goes on.

I dont really have any information about it but I know she found it hard to accept she had MS for a long time. She has accepted it now and is much happier as a person.

Hope there are more positive stories out there that mean you will be able to do what you want in life.

i dont have MS but my dad used to work for a charity for people with MS, hes an odd job man, he said you used to get the people with serverly bad MS who didnt let it affect their everyday life, if they wanted to do something they found a way, wether it made it 10x harder than people who didnt have MS they still did it, which personally i find really inspiring.

fingers crossed it will come back clear but if you have got MS then i'm sure you'll have the support of your family and friends, and if you really want to do something then you can, you just have to push yourself a little harder which will make it more rewarding. Also you have all us girls on salon geek that you can have a moan to when your having a bad day or share with us when your having a good day. smile and keep up the good work :D

Thanks so much for yere reply and kind words girls, it really means alot.x

Hi there

Hugs!

My mum has slow progressive MS and has had it for 35 years.

Do you mind if I ask what symptoms you have as I know its very hard to diagnose even with an mri.

I know a lot of dr's will only diagnose once they have ruled out everything else.

What a scary time for you.

Caroline xx

Don't mean to upset you hun and so sorry but i'm going to be honest.
I lost my brother nearly 3 years ago to MS aged 30. He got told he had it at 25 and it was the worse illness i have ever been part of. My brother lost everything and i lost him along time before he died. By the time he went all he could do for himself was swallow. But i also know 2 people who got told they had it at the same time has him and they are fine have the odd bad day but that's it.
Please be aware that there are 4 types of MS and not all people are has bad has my brother.
So sorry and really hope i haven't upset you but i hated the way people told me he would be fine and MS wasn't that bad even the nurses when i researched enough to know other wise.xxxx

My Mum is the same as Caroline, slow progressive MS ... apparently had it for years without realising. But the diagnosis helped make sense of things.

With something like MS the phrase knowledge is power really is important. Find out about MS, talk to your local MS group, contact the MS society - they will all be more then willing to help. Get some good books from Amazon or the Library.

As my Mum learnt about her condition and what affects it she has learnt to manage it now. And that is what is important, I know it will be a terrible shock - it was for us, but with time will come the understanding about it and how to manage it - rather then it you.

It could be as simple as one of the most effective things for my Mum when she is out, regular short breaks. Which usually ends up costing my Dad money as these breaks always seem to coincide with passing a Costa or Nero Coffee shop.

Hugs, Mat x

Latest posts

Back