Wear 1 tan solution, use another for clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vanilla Pod

Reaction score
I know we are all supposed to use and promote the products we use for clients.

How many of us geeks, use different products on ourselves eg Vani T on clients, and St Tropez on themselves?

Is this wrong ?

Why would you be wearing as different brand? I wouldnt say its wrong but not great business sense...you should love the brand you've chosen and therefore be happy to wear it and promote it. We all know when we love something it sells it better.

If its a case of not being able to find someone who uses the same brand and inability to tan yourself (Ive not tried, Id make a hash of it!) thats alittle different but Id rather be paying someone to use the same brand on me from a salon out of my catchment area and promoting it or using there tannning products, I use Nouvatan and would use there tanning mousse.

If someone loves what youre wearing I think turning around and telling them its something different will make them question why they should use it if you dont?

Thats only my opinion though.

I would find this strange too.
I get my nails done, but opted for a tech who used CND as thats what I use. It would make me feel like a hypocrite if I didnt.

What is so different about the product you offer to clients and the one you wear? Is it a case of the person who sprays you doesnt use your brand? If so, can you not ask them to use your product to spray you.

x

Your right to ask, yes thats fine.

I spray tan people with a certain product, and use a different one on myself as I find tbh I hate being sprayed in any solution, I always fine them too dark even 8%, and ive been sprayed in a few, im fine when its been on for a few days and its fading, but I hate being white one day then very brown the next.

I use gradual tan on myself. I have never found a tan that I am happy to be sprayed in xxx

Does your supplier not stock a gradual tan? If they did you could promote it for retail :) xx

If your confident in your brand then you should be wearing it. If you have trust in what your selling. Then your clients will see that. I wont use anything but my brand. Id rather use nothing that use something else. I think you should be promoting what you use by wearing it. x

Latest posts

Back